Original topic:

Galaxy s10 and s9+ phone name keeps changing automatically

(Topic created on: 09-27-2020 09:50 PM)
Sid3091
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I don't why but the phone's name keeps changing itself automatically to 85f15see etc. This is happening on both S9+ and S10 and it happens whether I connect device to spotify, bose revolve+, my car stereo or  my laptop. Even if change my phone name back to something generic like S10 or galaxy 29, it displays it for a few times and then its back to that gibberish name. Why is this happening? It's extremely annoying and I don't think I will be buying a Samsung phone again.

5 Comments
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please perform the below mentioned steps to change the device name:

Settings > About phone > Edit > Phone name > Done.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Sid3091
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've already mentioned that changing the name from the settings only works for a little while before it changes back to the gibberish name
0 Likes
tush1603
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i have s10 plus and in name it shows s10 but in other devices it shows the same gibberish name, secondly it keeps disconnecting from galaxy watch and bluetooth speakers on its own. i have cleared data and cache as well but nothing works. high end phones having bluetooth issue.
Sid3091
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Mine keeps disconnecting from bose Bluetooth speakers as well. I'm very unhappy with the S10 series
0 Likes
sanj01
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same issue with my S10+, tried changing the name but still produces some incoherent name
0 Likes