Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy one UI 4.0

(Topic created on: 11-18-2021 12:12 PM)
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
South african members app updated,but still no word on on UI 4.0, everywhere else in the world samsung users got info on the members app and websites with a road map regarding s21 ultra update,really pathetic samsung south africa, the moderators is just the same as the users in south africa,on the contrary I think we are more in the know.

15 Comments
Solution
MJ_23
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Lost it this morning @Pierre44mp

The majority of the world is most probably settled in and used to One UI 4 and we sit with sweet blow nothing.

And please do not get me wrong I understand the open source concept but if SAMSUNG SOUTH AFRICA would just start and communicate info to users it will solve a lot or unhappiness, keep everyone calm and informed as well as feeling involved!!
Solution
MJ_23
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
For me at this stage having a S21 is like an import, you have the device but no local support. I am not bothered in the least to say SAMSUNG South Africa YOU ARE USELESS, the only thing saving you are your products and not you as branch or division, hope Google launches the Pixel in SA soonest and kicks your **bleep** as it needs to happen unfortunately
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
True,I hope the pixel devices put all these lazy relaxed samsung team in south africa out of jobs. Just got off the phone to assist a z flip user to get free buds,3 hours of phoning telkom not giving a proper proof of contract and samsung not understanding it,why do we have to struggle this hard?
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Samsung Sa sorry to say,it's a brilliant device and most certainly better than an apple device,the s22 will even be much better,but products alone cant save you,still no smart tag plus,still no pricing on most online products to say the least. I am in envy of the support and variety of products crapple users get that's very unfortunate for this iconic products of samsung, I give samsung 4 years,then apple will take over and then I need to get into another ecosystem as I have almost all samsung accessories and appliances, I am heavily invested in this brand,but all my loyalty to this brand is gone.
0 Likes
Solution
MJ_23
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
@Pierre after reading your message I wanted to phone you and apologise on behalf of Samsung, so bad I felt for you and wondering in disbelief how can a brand, no matter size or industry, receive all these compliments, suggestions, concerns and negative feedback given for their benefit to sort out and improve upon, bluntly ignore and keep on just keeping on?

It is shocking Samsung and once again great brand but so was NOKIA years back as well as BLACKBERRY a decade or so ago!

With both brands everyone though they are here to stay and sole leaders in their market! Look where both brands are currently, I think most teenagers won't be able to tell you what they sell or sold if asked?

Google is coming to Africa and Samsung SA's mobile segment will be hard hit or totally wiped out if you guys don't get your act together, or maybe you don't care for that as well as you currently feel about us consumers?

Pierre I think why I also identify with your frustration so much is we all have our brand/s whereby we stick, support, enjoy, promote and brag about and defend when under scrutiny.

Myself all tv's and household appliances = SAMSUNG
Laptop/PC/Equip = LENOVO
Printing = EPSON
In the categories mentioned I refuse to and will not buy any other brand to replace current or new expansions. I believe in brand loyalty and keeping to what you know and what works for you as individual, household or organization.

HOWEVER, as most will see in some of my previous posts and comments I only recently started using a Samsung Mobile device, S21, but my iPhone 12 Pro is still with me everyday as if its my primary device, apps updated daily, I am a Beta user on iOS, iOS 15.2 currently and actually works nice and conveniently when the S21's battery dies on you or freezes up all of a suddently and needs few minutes to recover.

All my devices are synced so it works out not required to repeat actions but I do not want to roll with 2 phones in my pockets forever like a real Gangster!

Point I want to make is on the mobile side, unlike my other categories each with ONE brand taking care of my needs, Samsung cannot convince me undoubtedly to let go of Apple and say farewell? Look the device, S21, is great and the issues I have with the Samsung device I think will be laid to rest or sorted out with a Galaxy Z fold device, but all the issues we raise amongst each other on this Members group is what's holding me back! Look Apple or the Apple Mafia as referred to have their issues but one of those issues is not supporting their users / clients.

After sale service and support is great and improving continuously especially in SA with the Apple Stores and Apple Care. Most importantly you know no matter what happens there will be support and someone to assist, through all of this you feel appreciated, valued and important because of using Apple.

So on mobile I am between 2 brands which I never do, I am standing in the open but Samsung are not WILLING to take the kill shot?!

I don't want my Apples' all in one basket but Samsung SA is making it difficult not to reconsider and keep to an Apple a Day 🍎 📦 🤷
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I hear you completely, I think I need a beer after my sobbing🤣 I hate apples arrogance, It's almost like the blue bulls,but just like apple they are winning. Blackberry had a good concept, almost limitless data and that Bluetooth story with a blackberry tablet connection, it was ground breaking for that era and android was already there ,but preferred blackberry over my HTC phone. Samsung has the same going for them now,with dex and Samsung pay is already 3 years in the country so they had the upper hand,and I love one UI with the back gestures and U feel like a super hero with all these features and to be completely in control of my filing system on my phone. But apple has a whole ecosystem on their website,phones,laptops,Bluetooth accessories, and I think 100s of cases , and you can get a contract straight from there online store on telkom,vodacom, mtn and add a case. Samsung on the other hand is very fragmented, no contracts ,and no laptops in south africa, but available all over the world on their websites. I get it that updates is dependent on the servers, but no communication. Samsung can be so much more,their tv's integrate with samsung phones,the phones has apps for most flagship appliances of samsung,the samsung pc has samsung apps on it ,samsung has free gifts when you buy their handsets. Their website is a disaster, very few products actually have prices and only has a where to buy option with a map that doesn't work. They only have samsung branded cases and you pay through your neck and the chargers is more expensive than those of apple. I really sew samsung going the same route as Nokia and blackberry. I just like samsung because I already had a bad experience with a macbook air that had a faulty screen that stopped working after a year and apple wanted to charge me R8000 for a repair, but samsung is doing a whole lot worse. Look at every 3rd person on south africa, they have a samsung, so samsung better do something, but we know they won't. This members app is a perfect most innovative platform to get to your members,something apple does not have,but still it like they want the community to run the show for them ,while they are out playing golf with their peers. I will give the iphone 14 a go once they sorted the notch and give me in screen touch id,because samsung is definitely falling due to negligence
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Sounds like me and you come from the same era,we need more of us on this website, I wish we could get a piece of the samsung pie,so I can show them how to run a business like a well oiled machine and get merit from Korea to be the most innovative and effective,profitable merchant. I have lots of ideas,and I bet you too,but yeah this members app is dead!
0 Likes
MmisoJnr
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Its out now
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Yes I updated on tuesday
0 Likes