Original topic:

Galaxy Store Pushing Older Versions as Updates

(Topic created on: 06-25-2020 09:04 AM)
iambpr
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Today in my S10+, when I am checking for updates in Galaxy Store, I found that Paytm has an Update 

I was wondering why it didn't get updated through my playstore since automatic updates are turned on 

When I browsed the playstore and checked for Paytm app, there was no update available. 

Becoming Anxious, I tried to find out whats happening. When I tried checking the version numbers, Galaxy Store has an update pushing Paytm Version No. 8.11.2, while in Google playstore, the version I already have in my phone is 8.11.3

Can Samsung explain why the older version is being pushed through Galaxy Store? 

What's worse is that it could lead to a update loop between play store and galaxy Store. Rolling forward a version and rolling back a version

#GalaxyStore #Pushing #Olderversion #Redundant
0 Likes
4 Comments
jay77277
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Don't update in galaxy store...paytm...only Samsung app regularly update in galaxy store another wise don't update any 3rd party apps
Galaxy S
yes agreed
0 Likes
iambpr
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes I agree, but the point here is why is Samsung doing it!
0 Likes
Shivu27
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
you are right. i also noticed the same on my phone for only paytm. when i updated paytm through galaxy store (only for checking the problem), the app get to the lower version (it was updated in playstore at a higher) and playstore showed that it is already updated.