Original topic:

Galaxy S9+ Unconventional drain below 15%

(Topic created on: 11-03-2019 10:43 PM)
nathanjdias
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
My Galaxy S9+ which is 14 months old is exhibiting a strange behavior. The phone works perfectly through the entire 15-100% range but when it falls below 15% it starts to act weird and drops about 1-2% every second. I mean to say that one moment it shows 15% and within a couple of seconds it will drop to 1%. 

Is anyone facing the same issue? Please advise whether I should have the battery replaced. I am only worried about my water resistance since i had lost it on my Galaxy S7 edge after a screen replacement through an official Samsung repair centre.
7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
change the battery
0 Likes
Praveen0758
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
take to service center you cant change the battery I could be done by samsung service center
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I faced that issue after last security patch update..so I went to Samsung service center and flash last same firmware from them .now my battery is perfect
0 Likes
nathanjdias
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Is it the October patch? Strangely my overall battery life has improved with the patch
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
yes someone improved someone not...thatswhy I flashed firmware
0 Likes
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
this happens when the phone has not gone below certain level for a long time.. for a few times let the battery drain fully to zero and only then charge your phone.. gradually the problem will be solved.. you must be always charging your phone when it reached 15%.. let it drain fully and only then charge..
0 Likes
GauravL21
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
facing same issue with S9. Might be due to new update. should I wait to get new update One UI 2.0
0 Likes