Original topic:

Galaxy S8 is much useless than Galaxy J6

(Topic created on: 02-22-2020 09:24 PM)
BharadwajYeggina
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Galaxy S8 is one of the flagship mobile from Samsung. Company not giving major update (Android 10, One UI 2.0) for Galaxy S8. If we compare Galaxy J6 and S8, S8 is more advanced mobile than J6. Even Galaxy J6 is the eligible device for Android 10 update, then how the company missing major update for Galaxy S8?
11 Comments
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Samsung devices are eligible only for 2 major update!

s8 came with android 7 and it got both 8 and 9

now it's out of the list and won't get updates

it's not only for s8

s9 came with 8 and got both 9 and now 10

it won't get android 11 😅😅😅

this will keep happening. solution is to use custom rom or samsung should bring android one instead of one ui , which actually won't happen 🤐
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Apple is Best for giving updates equally to all their models as per the hardware compatibility not as per one update or two updates like that.

Samsung Update Policies were not Good
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I agree with that ,

I'm an apple developer and long term user of iPhone 🤩 never had issue regarding updates and they still do the best in terms of that !

samsung should change there update policy at least to a 3 year update plan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
it's okay not to do software update but at least improve the already given.
They are doing experimenting with Google's software code and then hangs up.. Google is scolding them not to make vulnerable their codes by manipulating unnecessary things.
these mistakes are then improved by providing security patch but sometimes they enter in a labyrinth and bam updates get delayed 🤣
0 Likes
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yeah , actually manufacturers should stick with stock kernels. Samsung tried working on it to provide better security to bind Knox into and how Google will let that happen as Knox belongs to Samsung and they should provide Knox security without disturbing the current operating system .

that kernel changes affect some mid range device and that's so bad for customers who pay for the stuff!
0 Likes
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
dont worry bro. we will get security patch update.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
😃🤣😂 this is the only lifeline S8 has now
Galaxy S
Why should we compromise with Security Patch Update?
We were paid thousands to Company for flagship mobiles..
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
cool bro. they will not provide anyway. I have asked so many time about this to samsung. you can check my activities for this. there is no uses of asking to samsung team.
0 Likes