Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Magnetic Sensor Issue

(Topic created on: 10-20-2019 02:19 PM)
rkdeepak
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Magentometer on S8 is not showing any reading. I tried to calibrate even removing case and performing the factory reset but it didn't work. Previously it was working but after I replaced the damaged screen from Samsung Service center the same is not working. Any idea if this is software issue or hardware issue?

9 Comments
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
restart ur device and check bro
0 Likes
rkdeepak
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
please check the photos attached with post, self test failed and there is no reading for x y z axis. i already perform restart and factory reset but no help.
0 Likes
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
then it's the sensor problem go to Samsung service center
0 Likes
Comsup
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
to confirm it as software issue i will suggest you to open Google map than tap the location bottom now it will activate the compass mode . try to move direction if it shows the correct compass direction to north than it is just a issue caused while updating system ..

next tap the blue dot in google map , you will be shown the compass calibration option follow the movement line and wait for result .. if map shows correct pole direction than you need to re flash the firmware from the service center

0 Likes
rkdeepak
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I just did the same and compass mode in Google is not showing correct north direction while moving. At the end Calibration didn't work.
0 Likes
rkdeepak
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Although at hardware level the North Pole in red is directing correctly every time I rotate phone but there is no reading for x y z axis
0 Likes
rkdeepak
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Everything was working fine before screen replacement as this phone is not in warranty so I fear if service center will ask me for motherboard replacement which should have not been there. tomorrow I am going to visit service center.
0 Likes
Comsup
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
make them aware about the issue after replacement work done ..
0 Likes
rkdeepak
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
they are simply saying to replace motherboard
0 Likes