Original topic:

Galaxy S7 Turning off suddenly and Draining battery completely!

(Topic created on: 10-31-2019 08:29 PM)
ShafiulAlam
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I've been using my Samsung Galaxy S7 for over 3 years now. For the last three months, it's draining the battery pretty fast. It was turning off suddenly after the battery comes down to around 20%. So, I replace the battery.

But just after two days of replacing the battery, it started to turn off even it is at 100%. And the scary part is, right after the sudden turn off the battery goes down to 2-5%! For two to three days it was happening one or two times a day. But now it's happening after every 2-3 minutes!

I looked on the internet and did everything suggested. Here are the lists:

1. Replaced the battery (already mentioned).

2. Started in Safe Mood to check if any third party App is creating the problem. But found that even in Safe Mode it's turning off!

3. deleted the cache partition (did not help)

4. reset data to factory settings. But nothing changed. Even when setting up the phone, it's restarting.

Can anyone suggest anything?

The place I am now in, there is only one customer care and they denied to check the phone as it's brought from abroad. And even if they accept, they'll take more than 5 weeks to repair. Unfortunately, I need the phone immediately and I'm leaving this place in 3weeks.

0 Likes
2 Comments
Moonlee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I think it could be a faulty battery. check with the technician who replaced your battery
0 Likes
rap1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
try calibrating your battery by charging it from 0 to 100% while phone is turned off. If 100, turn it on, then charge it again to 100% while phone is on. do this 3 times.

or you can download battery calibrating apps. and just follow their instructions.

or try this *#0228#

if your battery is swollen or abnormally high temperature, better send it to repair shop
0 Likes