Original topic:

Galaxy S6 Edge+ Receive the October Security Patch

(Topic created on: 11-05-2017 08:36 AM)
JinceVFrancis
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung was never really known for providing timely updates, but recently, they have come a long way. Gone are the days when you had to wait for updates without even knowing if you are ever going to get them. Although the latest OS updates are not yet something that the OEM rolls out to all its models, they do ship out the necessary security patches to almost every device nowadays. Unfortunately, the October security patch has been an exception to this rule as Samsung has taken a really long time in rolling this one out to even its flagship handsets. Nevertheless, if you own a Galaxy S6 Edge+, you should be happy to know that it's finally here, albeit in November!

The firmware carries build number G928CXXS3CQJ3 with it and will fix 215 vulnerabilities and bugs in the base Android OS. There will also be six fixes of Samsung's own for the overlying user interface. As per SamMobile, the update has hit multiple regions including the Middle East and South Africa, but if you have received the same in some other region, do let us know in the comments.

0 Likes
4 Comments
shefi
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
only for s6 edge ?? i havnt got any update s6
0 Likes
JinceVFrancis
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
please wait you will get shortly its not rolled out on india
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for sharing information with Samsung community!! Keep posting.
0 Likes
sundar42
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yesterday i updated my s6 to october patch then a severe problem started my battery has been draining overe these is the worst update ever battery is draining😣😭😭😢😢
0 Likes