Original topic:

Galaxy S23 and S23+ camera blur issue is frustrating users

(Topic created on: 03-13-2023 01:51 PM)
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

In the new Galaxy S23 series, only the Galaxy S23 Ultra has received upgrades to the rear camera setup. The Galaxy S23 and S23+ feature the same setup as the Galaxy S22 and S22+, but this time around photos from the main rear camera seem to have a blur issue that is frustrating many users.

Not all parts of the pictures you capture might be as sharp as you expect

It seems like the 50MP rear camera on the Galaxy S23 and S23+ has a problem with keeping the entire scene in focus. Users report that while the center of the scene looks sharp and focused as you would expect, the photos are blurry at the sides and edges.

The issue seems to be affecting Galaxy S23 and S23+ units manufactured in Vietnam. We were able to replicate it with photos of documents and text but not otherwise, and our units have been manufactured in India.

Here are a couple of some examples collected by the folks over at Notebookcheck:

The country of origin and manufacturing doesn’t usually affect camera quality, though, so it could be that this is just an issue that affects some units and not others. In fact, according to some users this was a problem on the Galaxy S22 series as well but was not reported on at the time, and apparently sending in the phone for repair is the only way to get the issue fixed.

The Ultra models, meanwhile, are not affected at all, no doubt because they have a different camera setup and because of their position at the top of the food chain, so to speak, in Samsung’s entire flagship lineup, foldables included.

5 Comments
nithin_1997
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hey. I've noticed this issue on my S23+ too.. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed via software update or requires a hardware change. Do you recommend to get my device replaced?
0 Likes
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
wait for next update
0 Likes
Rohit01
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
My s22 camera quality is also degraded and have focus issue too in one ui 5
0 Likes
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application>Support>Ask a question/Tap an error report>Type your query>Send)

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes