Original topic:

Galaxy S22 camera will miss out on this image sensor

(Topic created on: 04-19-2021 05:15 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S

The Galaxy S21 Ultra is among the best smartphone cameras in the world right now, and Samsung is expected to improve it even further with the Galaxy S22 next year. However, the next-generation Galaxy S flagship might not include a 3D ToF (Time of Flight) sensor that was used in the Galaxy S20 Ultra and the Galaxy S10 5G.

According to a new report from South Korean publication ETNews, Samsung has made up its mind not to include a 3D ToF sensor in the Galaxy S22 series. A 3D ToF sensor uses infrared light to create accurate three-dimensional depth maps of objects and helps the camera with focusing and portrait images in low-light conditions. It is also used in AR apps and games due to its accuracy.

An official from Samsung reportedly said that consumers are satisfied with the image quality of the Galaxy S21 even if it lacks a 3D depth sensor. Hence, the company has decided not to use it in the Galaxy S22 as well.

Samsung could bring back 3D ToF camera when there are enough meaningful AR apps and games

Samsung believes that 3D ToF sensors don’t serve a meaningful purpose in flagship smartphones right now. However, the company could bring back the feature when there are enough satisfactory AR apps, games, and experiences in the market. Despite Apple’s latest iPhones and iPads featuring a LiDAR sensor (similar to 3D ToF), its usage is said to be low among consumers right now.

Samsung LSI, the company’s camera sensor arm, recently showcased its newest 3D ToF sensor, the ISOCELL Vizion 33D. The 1/3.2-inch VGA sensor aims to provide best-in-class photography, AR/VR experiences, 3D scanning, and video bokeh effects. It features a 4-tap demodulation system, allowing each pixel to receive four-phase signals simultaneously at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees.

Coming back to the Galaxy S22, various reports claim that the phone will have a bigger camera sensor. The company could also tie up with Japanese camera brand Olympus to improve its camera quality. The Galaxy S22 is also expected to feature an Exynos processor with AMD Mobile Radeon graphics for improved gaming performance.

Copy from Sammobile 

12 Comments
Venkat9377
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Whats the use this post......I think you post for likes......Its copy from Sammobile.com........🤣🤣🤣
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I don't care about likes...
You have commented 3 times about coping from Sammobile.com
0 Likes
Venkat9377
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I copy only one post.....I think your eye is blur.....
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

No, my eyes are ok, you are not ok 

0 Likes
Venkat9377
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Show a photo....I copy 3 post from Sammobile.com......I copy 1 post....not 3.....
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

🤣🤣🤣 you have created Members account in January 2021, I have created in November 2020🤣🤣🤣🤣how many posts like this I've created... 

CrazyBoy28 and Dilli here always posts like this, from Sammobile, Android Authority and more. You are angry now because of my likes. Ok, post like me and get likes like me

0 Likes
SamPro
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Lol... meaning facebook and instagram platforms are loosing these likes ? So its started here, in samsung members group??? Ohhh man... how obssesed people are. I hope the intention is to educate people rather than just to get likes... lol
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Do you want like this? Ok then

clipboard_image_1618825486901_1618825486901.jpg

0 Likes
Venkat9377
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Guys he is not own creator....He is a copy creator........