Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra Snapdragon (China, SM-G9980) not getting Android 12 Update

(Topic created on: 12-16-2021 03:17 PM)
Tanvir666
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have bought a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Snapdragon (SM-G9980). It was imported from either China/Hong Kong.
My question is why am I not getting One UI 4 / Android 12 update yet? When can I expect to get the update?
I have tried to download the firmware to flash with odin. But found out that there's no Android 12 firmware for SM-G9980.
Also I have not received security update after October security patch.
Can anybody help me?

13 Comments
SmartTamila
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Where u download the firmware bro
0 Likes
Tanvir666
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have not dowloaded the firmware. You can just google firmware update with your model number & you'll get the link
0 Likes
RAAD1991
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Уже начали получать с 3 января 

0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Wait till January.
Parcos
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
On the XDA forum, a fellow from China confirmed that there is an issue with WeChat and Android 12 (apparently identified in the beta program) that they need to adress before pushing out the offical version to our variant..

I have the same 9980 version and not receiving critical security patches is down right disgusting and unethical on Samsung's part.

Just because douchebag CCP wants to find ways to silently monitor end-users analytics (which Android 12 in a way prevents) doesn't mean we all have to be stripped off critical security patches in the wake of log4j and other massive security vulnerabilities lurking in the wild!!
Parcos
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
And yes, as Siddharth mentioned above, the timeline is most likely January (skipping both Nov and Dev security patches)
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
If it's imported from china then it probably won't have google apps. How did you manage that? Flashed another region's firmware?
natejgardner
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

The China version of the phone is also sold in Hong Kong with Google Apps. That's the version I have as well.

MAHESAMSUNG
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
One UI4 for S21 ultra 5g is Scheduled on Dec/21. Pl wait dear Screenshot_20211216-155301_Samsung Members_55800_1639650181.jpg