Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Poor Battery

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 08:39 PM)
alith
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, after few days of using my new S21, I can say, buying it was a huge mistake.

I've used an older Huawei Mate 20 Pro for 2 years with more activities and background applications etc. I haven't even downloaded most of apps I was using on the old phone.

And, it's battery is a failure. Genuine failure. I have to charge after my office, which is something I have done for very long.
14 Comments
fathhi
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The Galaxy S21 series actually sports some pretty good battery life. In our reviews of the Galaxy S21 and S21 Ultra, we found that it was really impressive. Particularly on the S21 Ultra since it was running at QHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. But there are always ways to improve the battery life on your smartphone.
huawei FHD display 60 hz working Samsung galaxy s21 display quality very good that's a battery 🔋life
alith
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thanks. but I'm not an expert. I expect something higher from a flagship. I didn't buy the phone to test it for expert review or a blog.
Galaxy S
Hey, I believe also it takes about a week for the device to adapt and understand your usage behavior then you will notice longer battery life.

pluse you can try the following:

- Set your screen brightness to auto.
- Activate battery optimization
- Change your screen theme and wallpaper to dark
- Adjust the settings on power-draining apps
- Set Location service off

Good Luck 👍🏼
alith
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I hope so. I totally agree with you recommendations. but it's like buying a Ferrari and driving it slowly to save on fuel 😅

Let's hope Samsung learns how to balance between its engine size and fuel tank. It designs low end models with 6000 batteries...
ExTr3m1sT
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Totally agree with you mate! Samsung processor is never optimized!! Hate it! Never buying samsung again!
alith
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
imagine I removed the phone from the charger at 100%, after an hour and 45 minutes right now, it is 71%.

I don't want to hear anyone saying this is normal. It can't be normal.
Rami1234
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
i believe it would take 1 week for the phine to adapt and study your usage
alith
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks. let's hope so, but I've been using it for 10 days at least.
0 Likes
Nayas
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same thoughts ... don't understand the logic behind phone adapting or optimize settings to save battery. It's not about saving the last 20%. The drop from 100-70% is pretty quick. Something wrong with basic phone function....