Original topic:

Galaxy S20 overheating issues

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 08:38 PM)
Sumaan
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear team Samsung

I have recently bought my galaxy S20 less than 12 days and i am noticing excessive heating issue with the phone with basic usage mainly using video call by its inbuilt duo app and also just opening the camera app for 3 to 5 mins. Temp is more than 50 degrees and its really uncomfortable to hold the phone. Note i am not even a gamer nd don't have any unnecessary apps installed. 

Buying a flagship device this costly and yet have to face such an issue is not acceptable.  I am also a galaxy note 8 user and that is handling day to day activities much better than this brand new phone.  

I believe it's a wrong purchase and i would rather request for a refund.  I believe your basic A series mobiles are better than this flagship. 

Also note i visited service centre .. they just formatted the phone.  1st Aug OTA update also installed still no solution to this heating issue. 

Please revert and initiate my refund!

15 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "overheating" issue please follow the below given step:

>> Uninstall the unnecessary apps.

Follow the link for more details:- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-heating-issue-occurs-in-mobile-device/

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Allexroc
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I am a old samsung smartphone consumer. This time I am very disappointed with this processor Exynos 990.  It is worst processor ! It warm very fast ! I suggest Samsung to make a recall to replace S20s family to other S20s with snapdragon 865 , Urgently before waist more costumers in the world.

0 Likes
Harsimardeep
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
facing same issue brother...s20 series is a mess ...ill never buy any phone with exynos processor now
0 Likes
Nozy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have the same problem my purchased date is 14/09/20.
Samsung pl do something...
Allexroc
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I am a old samsung smartphone consumer. This time I am very disappointed with this processor Exynos 990.  It is worst processor ! It warm very fast ! I suggest Samsung to make a recall to replace S20s family to other S20s with snapdragon 865 , Urgently before waist more costumers in the world.

0 Likes
A0I
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

What's the use of vivid colors if we can't use it because the mobile phone overheated. I shouldn't buy this S20. I still have the S8 and it works much better than this S20. Also there are lots of issue in the firmware.

*Before in S8, you can transfer phone book from regular contacts to your secure folder. Now, it was been disabled.

*Secure folder tray can only accommodate 12 apps per page while in S8, it can accommodate 25 apps per page.

*Brightness control are not showing on top anymore.

*It overheat so fast that they try to forgot the issue and buried out with there old device.

Now really regrets in buying the S20. I like the E-sim concept but the firmware is so poor. I hope.they will compensate this problem and if possible they will recall all S20 mobile phone.

0 Likes