Original topic:

Galaxy S20 overheating issues

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 02:03 AM)
Sumaan
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear team Samsung

I have recently bought my galaxy S20 less than 12 days and i am noticing excessive heating issue with the phone with basic usage mainly using video call by its inbuilt duo app and also just opening the camera app for 3 to 5 mins. Temp is more than 50 degrees and its really uncomfortable to hold the phone. Note i am not even a gamer nd don't have any unnecessary apps installed. 

Buying a flagship device this costly and yet have to face such an issue is not acceptable.  I am also a galaxy note 8 user and that is handling day to day activities much better than this brand new phone.  

I believe it's a wrong purchase and i would rather request for a refund.  I believe your basic A series mobiles are better than this flagship. 

Also note i visited service centre .. they just formatted the phone.  1st Aug OTA update also installed still no solution to this heating issue. 

Please revert and initiate my refund!

15 Comments
mudassarfa
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
exynoss !! it's a know issue.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
so first thing you can do is wipe cache partion

1. Wipe Cache Partition.
Steps to perform.
Turn off the device. >
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the power button. >
When the Android logo displays, release all keys. >
Press the Volume down key to select "Wipe cache partition". >
Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
2nd thing you can do is

Reset App Preferences.
Settings >Apps> Tap on Top Right 3Dots and select Reset App preferences.
This will Help you if any 3rd party apps are causing heat.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
and if both not works then last one is
visit service centre and get reinstall your software update
0 Likes
ketani72
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Exynos is actually ExyMess... This overheating issue has been the story since S20 series was launched.
Sumaan
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I myself is a fanboy of Samsung mobile... but salt i don't know with mostly all my Samsung mobile purchases In am facing some issues or the other. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Sadly nothing can be done..

Btw I am waiting for some fanbois to defend SAMSUNG and blame you for complaints.
Tarunvats33
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Samsung Exynos 990 issue...

Samsung listen to your customers and stop sell Exynos in India... From S20 FE >> Snapdragon 865...

Otherwise plan your exit from India....

You cannot fool us anymore........

sniggy
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
welcome to s20.
0 Likes