Original topic:

Galaxy S20 issues (More like Exynos 990 issues )

(Topic created on: 04-30-2020 09:14 PM)
jay05
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
The S20 series has received 3 updates till now but has failed to fix the heating issue which is one issue of the many. I have been using the replaced device as i thought mine was faulty but turns out it's an hardware issue. I'm just waiting for the service centers to open so i can return it. Hopefully they don't tell me that the 14 day return period has ended as I got it replaced just a day before the lockdown due to Covid-19. 

It's time for Samsung to swallow its pride and accept the fact that their Exynos chip is nowhere near to the flagship Snapdragon chip. Have followed the S series since Galaxy S3 and haven't been this disappointed before until i got this. If anything they can do for us loyal customers is, accept the return and refund the money. 

Is it only me or others too who's disappointed with the S20 series and gonna return it?
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have no problems with my S10. I am getting around 7 to 8 hours SOT and 24 hours standby.
GalaxyKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have the s20 plus and it gets too hot too often even for normal usage. Now trying to see whether downgrading to 60hz and fhd helps reduce the heating issue. 🤞
jay05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Even if reducing it to 60Hz will fix the issue, doesn't mean that device isn't at fault. If the 120Hz refresh rate is enabled means that the device is calable of handling it and we expect it to run smoothly while it's failing to do so.
GalaxyKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes I agree. 120hz is a stated functionality used to market the device. the device should be capable of the stated performance level without getting too hot.
GalaxyKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I believe I have zeroed in on the heating issue on my s20+.

The device heats up too much and frequently when I set it to 120hz refresh rate. If I scale it down to 60hz the device temperature is normal.

But this is a serious issue and the exynos processor should ideally be able to handle 120hz, without getting too hot and triggering a scale down in responsiveness. The 120hz is a stated functionality used to market the device.

Samsung team pls fix this.
jay05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
3 updates and no fix yet can only mean one thing, hardware issue. Also, it's only Exynos with such heating issues and not the flagship Snapdragon. Just hate it how Samsung treats us oddly by providing low quality chipsets just gain their own profits.
We better reach out to the service centers as soon as they open and are operational to return the device and request for a full refund.
GalaxyKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@jay05 - just curious. are you also using "work profile" and Samsung knox?
jay05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah, haven't disabled it
0 Likes
GalaxyKC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
at time it feels as if the processor just does not ramp up to full speed from after unlocking from a standby state. everything contunues to feels sluggish after some unlocks. while after some unlocks the ui is smooth.

-------------------update on 6th May--------

I reformatted my device. Seeing an improvement.

Also am wondering whether increased humidity in summer is compounding the issue. Let me know if any of you are also facing this finger friction issue when swiping over the touch screen. Especially users from India.
Galaxy S
i have s20 ultra and i also facing this issue