Original topic:

Galaxy S20 FE 5G Overheating

(Topic created on: 04-18-2021 10:37 AM)
MilanC
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Excessive heating on newly bought S20 FE 5G. No video games played, not even watching videos. Just phone calls of 5 minutes and I had to disconnect.

can't even touch the phone. Can't take a call without headphones on because it's frighteningly hot. It's not while setting up. all updated are installed.phone restarted. it's 10 hours after setting up. 

14 Comments
S20FEGUY
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
No issue here being playing Cod whole day. And here in India its summer, though it's not that hot.
0 Likes
thedarkkn8ght
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes mine also working fine
0 Likes
MilanC
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Should I take it to a service station?
0 Likes
sunny86t
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
They wont help . They will reset your mobile . According to them ,heating is normal
0 Likes
MilanC
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's sad. They replied to me saying I should uninstall unnecessary apps. I am not even playing video games. Just YouTube and it burns.
sunny86t
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
According to them , mobile is heating due to our fault .
They want to say dont use mobie
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Annd i thought only S20FE 4g heats up... but i guess i am not alone facing this issue...

Btw taking to service centre won't help, all they will do is reset your phone, it will resolve the issue temporarily for a day or two, but then again the issue will come up...
Its samsung that needs to fix it via update...

P.S: Put the phone in Adaptive Power Saving... and while playing game use the game booster plus and put the game with battery saving... the heating will be minimised without much affecting the performance... (this is my personal experience for 990... don't know about sd optimisation) well you can give it a try..
MilanC
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you. Have put the battery in adaptive mode. Hopefully Samsung sends out an update soon. Have also shared the feedback and log report with Samsung.
0 Likes
Swetabh_Singh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Its useless cuz all you get back as response is this.

Screenshot_20210417-183037_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20210417-183050_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20210417-183042_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20210417-183046_Samsung Members.jpg