Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Update Changelog One UI 4.1

One UI 4.1 Running The Show On Top Of Android 12

Game Booster Settings

Game Performance Management Option
Warm afternoon members!!!🤗
Since many of you have already updated to One UI 4.1 on your Galaxy S20 FE 5G, I'm Going to share my experience about this Update...

1st of all please note that after any software Update whether it's a Major Android OS Update or a regular update, the device may Overheat for a while to Optimize the system & all other apps. At this time battery draining Is normal. After 5/6 hours it will Automatically back to normal. Please do not Get panicked regarding this. My S20 FE 5G Also got warm after the update & battery Drains also happened but now it's Completely back to normal...

Talking about my experience, personally i Feel that One UI 4.1 is slightly more stable Than One UI 4.0...
For now i didn't faced any weird sort of bugs Or any issues. But one thing that Disappointed me that the lag while opening & closing of the notification panel is still There. I expected that this will get fixed with The One UI 4.1 update but it's still not fixed Yet. Another thing that disappointed me the Most is that there are no changes in the Camera section. While all the S20 Series Devices got Portrait mode on the 3X Telephoto lens, in S20 FE 5G samsung Didn't Implemented that

Now let's jump to my favorite part of this Update, the ability to turn of GOS (Game Optimizing Service). I'm glad that samsung Integrated this in One UI 4.1 Update
Talking about my gaming experience, after I Turned on the "Alternate Game Performance Management" option from the game Booster settings, there was a huge Performance boost in the gameplay. Earlier Whenever the device get a little warm, the Frame rates get reduced to 40~45 fps but After the GOS got disabled there were no Frame drops. The gameplay was buttery Smooth & the device was constantly Pushing 60 or 120 fps (Depending On The Game*). See the screenshot above to know How to disable GOS from the game Launcher settings...

So conclusion time, should you update to One UI 4.1 from One UI 4.0 or One UI 3.1?
Well i would say that, if you're not a gamer, & Don't care about RAW Performance but Want a stable & bug free One UI experience, Then i would suggest you to stick with One UI 3.1 as it's totally bug free & you'll be Getting stellar battery life even with 120hz, Awesome camera Performance with HDR Still present. Also there's no weird Notification panel lag while opening & Closing...

But if you're a gamer or a **bleep** user who Wants that RAW Performance from your Device & also ready to deal with that Notification panel lag, no HDR in camera, Then One UI 4.1 is for you & you should Probably go with it coz the Gaming Performance has improved by a huge Margin & also far better from One UI 3.1 & It's not only the gaming performance, the Device's performance has improved too coz Now from One UI 4.1 onwards all 3rd party Apps can bypass GOS that was throttling it's Performance... (See The Update Changelog)

So that me signing off
Do share your One UI 4.1 experience & your Opinions in the comments section below
Till then take care I'll see you all in the next Thread🤗
36 Comments
mnatraj2000
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@Sáyân15 I'm facing issues with super fast charging 25W after updating to 4.1 . It took 1 hr 15 minutes to charge 55%. Are you facing this issue. And how to solve it?
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It's perfectly fine bro as the 15W charger takes 1hr 45 mins to get from 0 to 100%
But my 25W Super Fast Charger takes 1hr 10~15 mins to get from 0 to 100%
0 Likes
som10
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Hey sayan , i bought this Phone yesterday so after finishing setup, i got the update for security patches of april.

I don't know while taking videos from main camera it comes out with below average details in day time. Other two lenses are working fine in day time.

But when comes to night all the three lenses are performing bellow average means there is no details and the videos are coming with blur.

So can you please suggest me whether i should wait for the next update or send this device for replacement 🙏

0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Firstly congrats for getting the beast... ✌️ 😍
Secondly regarding your concern of low quality videos, i would like to know that is your camera lens is fully clean when you take pictures or record videos?... if its dirty, has fingerprints or smuges then you may face focusing issues or this also may result in low or poor quality videos as you mentioned above... so make sure that your camera lens is fully clean before taking pictures or shooting videos...
Also do note that bro, by default the video quality is set to FHD 30
Set the video quality to UHD 60 to get stunning 4K 60fps HDR videos with the highest resolution...
Tap on the UHD 60 icon after opening the camera app...
In your camera there might be written FHD 30, tap on that & then select UHD 60 to enable it...
What's more interesting that from the front camera also you can record videos as the same quality (UHD 60) as the rear camera...
So if you plan to vlog with you new Galaxy S20 FE 5G you can do that too...
Switch to video mode after opening the front camera then follow the same steps just like you did for the rear camera
Do check the Screenshot of camera i attached...
I hope this helps you... 😇Screenshot_20220520-000742_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
som10
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have done everything you mentioned but the problem is at night time while taking videos it has too much noise, less details and a bit blurry.
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro if you're recording videos in extreme dark scenarios then it's fine coz if camera doesn't get enough light then obviously the video will came out noisy🙂
0 Likes
som10
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No bro I am talking about proper lighting condition it becomes blurry
0 Likes