Original topic:

Galaxy S10+ : Black patch on the bottom left corner

(Topic created on: 07-16-2020 11:38 PM)
Samsung_xYkVVTV
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello!!! I have been using S10+ for over a year. In the initial few days my screen developed a black patch on the bottom left corner. I assumed that it might have happened due to some kind of an impact or pressure on my screen and I carried on using it. Only yesterday i learnt that a similar patch at the exact same place is there on my friends phone as well and she is sure that she didnt drop her phone. And I feel that the size of the patch is slowly increasing. Can someone shed some light on this? Is it a hardware issue or is it a bug? Can this be rectified? 

0 Likes
15 Comments
RohithkiranS
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I will say that it has surely happened because of some impact or pressure because I had this same problem with my S10+ which I dropped on the floor
Galaxy S
what startled me was the similarities between both the phone's dead patches...that's what made me question this thing
0 Likes
RohithkiranS
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Then I suggest u to take the device to the nearest samsung service center and they can give a solution in this regard
0 Likes
YuvixM
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I think its something to do with your cosmic connection with your friend. 😜
0 Likes
Galaxy S
😝
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "display issue" kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2) Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, we request you kindly visit the service center as your device needs physical inspection. To check for the nearest Samsung service center kindly click on the link : https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes