Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Android 11 Update - received texts pictures pixelated and unable to view RECEIVED GIFs

(Topic created on: 03-19-2021 06:43 AM)
Unicorntears
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I just installed the Android 11 update last week. Right after installation, have had issues with texts I receive

1. Pictures are pixelated/poor quality

2. I cannot view sent GIFs - often sent as just a black and white picture, not even a GIF

3. Videos sent are appearing as a screenshot with audio (2 separate)

Have had no issues sending texts w/pictures/videos/GIFs. Problem is with receiving. I tried the stock Samsung messaging app as well as Textra. Tried to re-install Textra, clear cache, etc and have had no luck.

4 Comments
Prashantbgh
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
do a factory reset
0 Likes
Vedderholic
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Factory reset phone twice and it didn't resolve anything.  same issue with incoming picture messages as OP

0 Likes
Tbmnt
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am having exactly this same issue with my S10 since android 11 too, and it's immensely frustrating. Tried all different txt apps and settings, but no luck. I was going to try factory reset next, but a little hesitant to if that's not helping others...

0 Likes
PEANUTBUTTERCOCO
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I did a settings reset and that actually fixed for maybe 12 hours. Thats the only thing that has worked at all, but im not going to reset settings every day

0 Likes