Original topic:

GPS issue Galaxy S22 Ultra (SD 8GEN1)

(Topic created on: 04-13-2022 02:23 AM)
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Im an Indian GALAXY S22 ULTRA (SD 8 GEN 1) user and reportedly im facing GPS problems on my phone and the problem persists even after certain updates after buying. 

When using Navigation apps that have everything to do with my location such as Google Maps throw a “cannot find GPS” error. Both on android auto and phone applications. It seems very inconvenient to me because i travel a lot and use google maps a lot.and in car it suddenly gives error Cannot Find GPS.My note 20 Ultra never have the issue..I have to put my device on flightmode or sometime even restart the device to start the GPS again but this doesnt solve the problem has No gps found error is more likely to come again.

I tried to fix the problem on my own. But resetting the network settings, factory resetting the device, and others don’t seem to be working for my Galaxy S22 Ultra. Being hold of the most premium flasghip and facing this kind of issue is really disappointing from samsung.I had read many community blogs from all over world and samsung had acknowledged this issue also but the updates we are receiving is not solving the issue.

8 Comments
Karan087
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No issues with my device.
0 Likes
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Just use Location based smartlock..and put location Always on...In a span of 2 hour at same Home location where device need to stay unlocked will be locked because gps will be lost if there is issue..& one more thing to clarify this is too Use MAPS on android auto wireless/wired..The navigation will stuck and restart of maps will be required to start the gps navigation again..all this just if the device has GPS issue which samsung mobiles officials has detected in S22 ultra series and working on it
0 Likes
Jây
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Working fine for me
0 Likes
samfan91
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
0 Likes
User28
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
No issues with my device too.
0 Likes
Ashraf144
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
My device doesnt have that issues.check if Google maps has permission for location and if you show the message, it will be more helpful.
0 Likes
Harish_Madhav
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I don't have this issue, check it with the Samsung Service center!

0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,  
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes