Original topic:

GPS Problem when using Android Auto

(Topic created on: 10-14-2022 05:53 PM)
aebee
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

My phone is Samsung Glaxy S20Plus. My car is Seat Leon and I have an 8 inch Multimedia screen. Although there is no problem when using Carplay, I am constantly getting "signal lost" or "searching gps" error on google maps when using Android Auto with my device. If there was a problem with the vehicle's media system, I would have had this problem when using carplay. When I tried the phone of a friend who uses S21, he had the same problem. Background usage of Google maps and Android Auto apps is not restricted option, battery optimization is turned off, none of the required apps are in deep sleep mode or sleep mode. Apart from that, high location accuracy is turned on, all required applications have full access to the location. I say this because you don't recommend these standard procedures again because I've tried them all. I have read the Samsung forum, reddit, xdaforum and similar complaints and the majority of those who have problems are using a Samsung model phone. I've tried everything that can be tried by playing around with the settings. I even used external GPS apps. After all this process, it is very likely that the error is a problem with Samsung phones. Additionally I tried different versions of Android Auto and Google Maps. Finally, I cleared the cache files of the application and applied wipe cache partititon to the phone. However, when i use Google Maps without with Android auto just on phone, there is no problem. 
Please report this problem to Samsun's software team because if it continues like this, I will have to switch to an Apple or other brand phone. I am really getting tired of dealing with this kind of problems.

Sorry for the language, not my motherlanguage

0 Likes
2 Comments
aebee
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Unfortunately, I am living in Turkey.

0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same.

We would like to inform you that the products manufactured in different countries may vary in features, specifications, designs, and warranty guidelines.

So, we would recommend you to get connected with the Samsung customer support team of the respective country you have bought your product from, with the below-mentioned details for better and prompt assistance.

1) Product Details.
2) Serial Number.
3) Contact Number.
4) Complete Address.
5) Issue.

Here are the details: https://www.samsung.com/p

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes