Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

For Samsung . no pros only cons

(Topic created on: 01-27-2020 10:38 PM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
1 Beta update problems are not fixed and feedback is not replied properly.

2 Struggling to keep up the stable update schedule. On Other hand it's not bad they are trying to fix those bugs before stable release.

3 Only giving 2 major updates to it's phones. Since Google, OnePlus gives 3 and ios 14 coming to all ios 13 iPhone's. That's 5 th major for iphone 7. Not judging it, ik about security updates and ik prices of them.

4 Flagship phone's treated badly after one year. Yours in line as S20 is coming (for S10 people who ever bought it. Also hoping it wouldn't happen.)

5 Drastically reduced the market value and re-sale value of the phones because of above reasons and some other.

Not against samsung. Just sharing my experience 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
HarpreetMakol
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Solution
Kartik271994
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
1,10,000 device is almost 40K cheaper just after 1 yr. An only trillion dollar company Apple is doing this with their flagships what do you expect from Samsung?

This is just marketing if they dont launch new devices and reduce the prices of previous devices no one will but their 1 yr old devices its basic marketing and sales technique.

Now google has also launch 2yrs major update and 3yrs security update for every single android unlike google and one plus, they will also now receive only 2 major updates.

View solution in context

Solution
Kartik271994
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
s9 is 2.5 yrs old now after iphone xs max only iphone 11 is launched. And s9 never launched for 70K even 128Gb model was 61k something. After s9 note9 , s10 series and even note 10 series launched then it slashed prices this much. And it totaly depends upon that youre a person who just wants software updates or looking for a lot more additional customizatios which in apple you cant do. I like samsung more no matter what whether they provide software update or not its my personal preference.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Comments
Solution
HarpreetMakol
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
100% cons...
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, my intention was Samsung to consider this, to provide good after sales service. Also atleast try to give 3 major android updates. And posted it because they aren't responding to feedback properly (Auto bot messages everytime).
Solution
Kartik271994
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
1,10,000 device is almost 40K cheaper just after 1 yr. An only trillion dollar company Apple is doing this with their flagships what do you expect from Samsung?

This is just marketing if they dont launch new devices and reduce the prices of previous devices no one will but their 1 yr old devices its basic marketing and sales technique.

Now google has also launch 2yrs major update and 3yrs security update for every single android unlike google and one plus, they will also now receive only 2 major updates.
Kartik271994
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
update hi chahye to le lo bhai apple roka kisne h.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Value of depreciation for iphone from 1,10,000 to 70,0000 is less than 40% . For Samsung S9 from 70,000 to 30,000 is more than 50% . Also iphone XS will get 4 more updates that no Newly released android phone gets. every one will reduce their phone prices but what samsung does is it doesn't care about the phone after 1 year of the launch. Google and OnePlus gets 3 years of major updates and Google made a policy of minimum 2 years of updates and 3 years of security updates. The life time is reduced by this and value of phone is dropping. Also the profit percentage for each iphone is 65% and samsung flagship phone is 55%. Samsung could if it tries to.
Solution
Kartik271994
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
s9 is 2.5 yrs old now after iphone xs max only iphone 11 is launched. And s9 never launched for 70K even 128Gb model was 61k something. After s9 note9 , s10 series and even note 10 series launched then it slashed prices this much. And it totaly depends upon that youre a person who just wants software updates or looking for a lot more additional customizatios which in apple you cant do. I like samsung more no matter what whether they provide software update or not its my personal preference.
0 Likes
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
S9 plus ... launched at 70 K. i respect your personal preference. but customisation is provided by Google and OnePlus to and maintaining giving more updates, samsung could do that but it's not doing it.