Original topic:

Fingerprint sensor on S20

(Topic created on: 03-13-2020 02:40 PM)
PulkitGupta1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone else having problems with the slow fingerprint sensor on the S20? I've reset my phone too to no avail. I have multiple prints of my thumbs registered. 
It throws up errors many times - press harder, press longer, cover finger fully, etc etc... 
Highly dissatisfied with the latest flagship. 
I miss my S8 (swapped out) already 😞
7 Comments
Daredevil7Z
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
hardware ka hi issue h bro...since s10,when samsung went with this fingerprint scanner developed by qualcomm.... the problem isnt getting fixed by anyway... they've tried...get used to it.
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/More-or-Less-Same-Story-with-Ultrasonic-Finger-Print-Sc...
In morning I shared a post related to the Ultrasonic Finger Print Scanner from Qualcomm..the same story since from S10...
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
pulkit bhai, please give me the galaxy buds at 2k if Ur not interested in using it
0 Likes
Samsung_Support5
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there,

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue-

> If any screens guard/tampered glass/protection film is available then first disables the fingerprint settings and then removes the screen guard.

> Once screen guard is removed now deregister the fingerpint and re-register it again and check the issue

> Make sure to use the central fingerprint parts evenly when you register or scan fingerprint, so that all portions of fingerprint, including the centre and corners have been fully scanned.

> If problem does not get resolved, run the device in Safe mode and reconfigure the fingerprint.

> If issue still persists, create data backup and reset the device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members app (click on “+“icon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
PulkitGupta1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Done everything... Still it's the same.
Made me loose the samsung original screen protection film 🤬
0 Likes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have tried every tip given by Samsung.   No screen protector and all 4 fingerprints removed and replaced with the same finger.   Total garbage fingerprints scanner.   Beyond annoyed.   Will be returning phone Friday.   So close to a great phone but a miss.

0 Likes
PulkitGupta1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
A brand new flagship device (read: expensive) shouldn't have to go through such extreme diagnostics.
0 Likes