Original topic:

Fingerprint doesn't work

(Topic created on: 04-28-2021 10:57 AM)
sidjee
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Are fingerprint scanners in Samsung phones not very good or is it just some devices. 
I have to try many times to get my phone unlocked, and 50% of the times it just doesn't work no matter how clean ur finger is and how correct the position of the finger is.
My Galaxy s10 lite and Galaxy M51, both have this problem. First I thought it could be the on screen scanner problem in the s10 lite but M51 has a side button scanner which also have the same problem.
Does anybody else have this issue?
I think Samsung should start seriously working on this, it is leading to a very bad UX.
11 Comments
Galaxy S
You said your fingers were clean. Did you also clean the screen? Optical scanners are very sensitive to oil patches or sticky dusts.
0 Likes
sidjee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah I did.
0 Likes
sidjee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The problem is not only in the on screen scanner but also on the side button scanner. So i am guessing it is something related to the accuracy of Samsung's fingerprint detection model.
0 Likes
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro iam using m51 and I have no issues

There are some steps to make it faster
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Register the same finger 3 times
Remove animations
And firstly clean the sensor and finger properly before unlocking
0 Likes
sidjee
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
What if I wanna register more than 1 finger. Also I registered a finger 2 times, and that still doesn't work (only improved the accuracy just a bit). I don't see how removing animations would be any help.
0 Likes
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I too registered my 2 fingers 3 times
0 Likes
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro Register both finger 50% and 50%
3 times

I have done this way and I have noticed improvements than before