Original topic:

Faster and Smarter Face Unlock

(Topic created on: 12-20-2017 10:14 PM)
YaeGee
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
A big Samsung loyalist and an extremely happy Galaxy S8 user here! I have a suggestion to make:

OnePlus 5T currently has the fastest software-based face unlock. It also has Awareness Detection where the phone gets unlocked only if the user is looking at the phone.

The Iris scanner is super amazing and I have no complaints about it. But still, I want Samsung to be the best with every small detail!

This I would see face unlock getting update to become as fast as, if not faster, than the OnePlus 5T.
Also, Awareness Detection would be great, as it if becoming the norm these days!
0 Likes
6 Comments
SahilMubarak
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah! that would be great
But still
Iris recognition is more secure than fase recognition ,unless the phone has 3D facial scanning
0 Likes
matrix
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
one plus 5 does not have a dedicated sensor for faciol/iris recognition
and samsungs implementation is a bit slower cause they do not jump any hurdles when it comes to security they take the long way and thats why it takes a sec longer and besides not like youll notice it in day to day usage anyways

for me iris scanner > 5t face unlock
why ?
1) ALOT more secure
2) is infra red based so works even at night the 5t wont
0 Likes
YaeGee
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I second everything you said! I personally believe that Iris scanner is right now the most secure and convenient smartphone security solution. Costumes, makeup, different times of the day... You name it. It works all the time.
But... You will have to keep the phone right in front of your face for it to work. And as it uses infrared sensors, it struggles when used in sunlight.
Face unlock offers a little more freedom and usually works under sunlight.
So, comparing apples to apples, 5T face unlock right noe beats the S8's face unlock, both in term of speed and security (awareness detection)
Thus, while S8 doesn't need a face unlock, now that it has it, I want it to be the best!!!
0 Likes
Iluvs8
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
after oreo beta update iris scanner has become super fast.it unlocks the phone in a second.
0 Likes
YaeGee
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
For me it was already super fast!
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for being with Samsung and sharing your concern. We would like to inform you that we have noted down your valuable feedback and we will surely share this with our relevant department, any update in this regards will be convey to you via various means of communication. Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes