Original topic:

Extremely poor battery - s10 plus exynos

(Topic created on: 09-14-2019 02:07 PM)
sagnik9
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I am having an awful experience with the battery of s10 plus (exynos). I really regret buying this phone. When you spend a $1000 on a phone, you are supposed to get a phone that delivers in all the key aspects. Since the August update :
I) The phone barely completes 3.5 hours screen on time with 16 hours of total usage since last full charge.
II) Extremely poor standby drain - at night if I leave the phone at 100% charge, after a 8 hours sleep I end up with 85% to 90% charge.
III) I have visited the service center, they say everything is fine. They use the Samsung interactive app to detect problems & doesn't even go into details. I don't even know how accurate the app is. 

I d request if anyone has found a fix for this issue. 

note - I'm not a gamer or a social media freak. The only social media /messaging app which I use is Whatsapp & Instagram. 
10 Comments
Mahadevpawar
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes there is a problem in the new ui of Samsung I also use galaxy a7 2018 but I am having the same thing that if I use my phone only 20 minutes it takes my battery 100% to 90 %
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
same problem with my s9 it barely holds a day
0 Likes
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
i use maximum power saving mode when i go to sleep. It somewhat helps in standby battery drain.
0 Likes
sagnik9
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have been using bixby routine to turn off wifi, mobile data, Bluetooth, sync, GPS, from 1 am to 8 am. Still 10%-15% battery drain is there
0 Likes
SungVarma
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
S10 generally drains fast between 100 and 90 and stabilizes after that. I normally go into flight mode at night and keep only wifi on. When I want to sleep I turn that off too. I always noticed a drop of 2 % between then and the time I wake up next morning which will be usually 6 to 8 hrs later. This appeared consistent other mobiles I used. More over I don't use any social apps. I heard many times that Facebook and co (whatsapp, Instagram included) are very power hungry and are usual culprits
0 Likes
sagnik9
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
do you really feel that you should put in so much effort after buying an $1000 phone? these should be optimized. My one plus 6t & ipad is far ahead is all these aspects. What's the point of software optimization from Samsung's end then?
0 Likes
SungVarma
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Oh no I don't do this for the sake of battery life or S10... just wanted to share my experience. I agree on the optimization part but I was a 6t user before switching to s10 and my results were not too different. Ofcourse 6t always had higher sot but that's a minimal android version compared to heavily customized One UI.
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Is it wierd that people commenting on this post all used oneplus 6t before. myself included 🤣🤣
Galaxy S
m having a gr8 battery backup
0 Likes