Original topic:

Extremely disappointed with Samsung India

(Topic created on: 10-17-2020 12:23 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S

I am a user of Galaxy S20 plus since March 2020 (claimed to be a flagship) by Samsung. 

I haven't been this disappointed with a company ever in my life.
After paying a hefty sum of ₹74,000 I expect certain things from my phone but this phone has disappointed me a lot.
Let me explain,

1) I have a green tint issue and some discoloration on my screen since day 1. I was hopeful that this might get resolved with a few software updates and for that I waited a few months. But nothing was fixed. 
Then I took the issue to a service center. They denied of my phone having any defects at all.
Disappointed, I wrote a mail at "write to CEO" section on the website and got in touch with a samsung head employee. 
The person asked me to submit my phone one more time and this time too they denied of any defects even though I had submitted photo proofs where the defect was visible.
Then I filed a consumer complaint online and for two months straight they haven't given a response there.
By this time I had made 6 visits to service center.

Finally when I sent a notice by courier to the head office to which they responded, gave me a phone call and again said that there is no defect, we cannot do anything for you😂.

Moreover, when I got my phone back from service center, those guys had installed many games on my phone and there was absurd browsing history in chrome and signs of mishandling on the device.
This shows how unprofessional the service center guys are.

I'm really disappointed that samsung is incapable of rectifying a defect in their so called flagship phone. As a user who sees the defect screen everyday doubts what the testing standards at samsung are.

2) the ever popular Exynos debate remains, this phone gets bloody hot even when browsing basic social media apps on mobile internet. 
A few days ago I was editing a video on my phone, it struggled to do it smoothly and got so warm in the process whereas when I did the same task on an iPhone 8 (3 year old phone) it completed it smoothly and more efficiently.

3) Battery life is a joke

4) Today, seeing that samsung is selling the phone at 50k was the last nail in the coffin.
They have officially ruined the resale value of our phones too. An 8 month old phone selling at such steep discounts clearly shows what a flop phone this is and now we can't even sell it for some decent money.

S20 plus is my third consecutive samsung phone after note 5 and s8 and I this is the last one. 

Thank you Samsung for ruining me experience, today you lost a loyal customer.
I'll make sure from this day onwards that I don't buy your phones, nobody in my family buys them and not gonna recommend them either.

This is not a "flag-ship" it's a "sinking-ship" 
32 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
sad😥
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
but bro ..if it's under warranty period then please change the display..and next time please use smart switch or odin or firmware flash from authorised samsung service center as they use odin only for their official purpose.....don't simply update software via mobile data or wifi as samsung provides non A/B partition type ota software not like other company hence software loop holes formation can do anything mysterious with device even motherboard or display can be destroyed forever as many users faced before
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
donkey ship
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Do you not think I might've tried every possible way to fix my display issue?
it's a hardware defect, cannot be fixed by software.
and I know it's under warranty, but samsung is not ready to accept the defect only.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
it's really sad bro 😥
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
now it's not possible by software bro ..because may you already destroyed it ... thatswhy I told samsung provides non A/B partition type ota software not like other company hence if someone simply update software via mobile data or wifi then anything mysterious or unexpected can happened....they recommend smart switch only for software update
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
so you mean to say that I go out of my way to even update the phone😂
bhai phone liya hai, rocket nahi🚀
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
bro ..These types of issues occur when you simply update device using ota for major updates or little big security patch like change in boot loader, kernel and android version. Because we Samsung users does not have A/B partition to revert back if any issues in installed update. and Odin is the official app by samsung though Samsung doesn't release it publicly it gets leaked eventually.
Google made it clear in 2014 that brand should keep their projects open source.. That's the reason they are not taking action on sammobile..around 2012-13 or 2013-14 there was a big backlash on Samsung and there is this issue where every S series and j series mobiles used to get bricked with every update they release. Users have to visit service center for every update to unbrick devices. Those times Samsung has this app called Samsung kies which detects bricked device and initialize emergency firmware installation. But also kies interface and ui is somewhat difficult and not all users able to use it. Then they released smartswitch with integrated kies where user can backup, restore and even update devices. As of odin Samsung itself uses it. And firmwares are open source from 2014 where developers can use to create their own. Samsung officially has a mail I'd for xda developer user where they can request firmware and firmware is sent to your registered mail. Sammobile is one of it they are legal and gets firmware from Samsung itself🙂🙂
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
99% of the people update their phones like how I do and if it's causing defect (which it isn't) that's Samsung's problem, not mine.
As an end user I just need a smooth usage experience.
the defect on my unit is since day 1. it has not been caused by any updates.
0 Likes