Original topic:

Extremely disappointed with Samsung India

(Topic created on: 10-16-2020 10:25 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S

I am a user of Galaxy S20 plus since March 2020 (claimed to be a flagship) by Samsung. 

I haven't been this disappointed with a company ever in my life.
After paying a hefty sum of ₹74,000 I expect certain things from my phone but this phone has disappointed me a lot.
Let me explain,

1) I have a green tint issue and some discoloration on my screen since day 1. I was hopeful that this might get resolved with a few software updates and for that I waited a few months. But nothing was fixed. 
Then I took the issue to a service center. They denied of my phone having any defects at all.
Disappointed, I wrote a mail at "write to CEO" section on the website and got in touch with a samsung head employee. 
The person asked me to submit my phone one more time and this time too they denied of any defects even though I had submitted photo proofs where the defect was visible.
Then I filed a consumer complaint online and for two months straight they haven't given a response there.
By this time I had made 6 visits to service center.

Finally when I sent a notice by courier to the head office to which they responded, gave me a phone call and again said that there is no defect, we cannot do anything for you😂.

Moreover, when I got my phone back from service center, those guys had installed many games on my phone and there was absurd browsing history in chrome and signs of mishandling on the device.
This shows how unprofessional the service center guys are.

I'm really disappointed that samsung is incapable of rectifying a defect in their so called flagship phone. As a user who sees the defect screen everyday doubts what the testing standards at samsung are.

2) the ever popular Exynos debate remains, this phone gets bloody hot even when browsing basic social media apps on mobile internet. 
A few days ago I was editing a video on my phone, it struggled to do it smoothly and got so warm in the process whereas when I did the same task on an iPhone 8 (3 year old phone) it completed it smoothly and more efficiently.

3) Battery life is a joke

4) Today, seeing that samsung is selling the phone at 50k was the last nail in the coffin.
They have officially ruined the resale value of our phones too. An 8 month old phone selling at such steep discounts clearly shows what a flop phone this is and now we can't even sell it for some decent money.

S20 plus is my third consecutive samsung phone after note 5 and s8 and I this is the last one. 

Thank you Samsung for ruining me experience, today you lost a loyal customer.
I'll make sure from this day onwards that I don't buy your phones, nobody in my family buys them and not gonna recommend them either.

This is not a "flag-ship" it's a "sinking-ship" 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
you are absolutely wrong if you know that ...maximum people now a days use smart switch and pc only 👍 ..otherwise display will destroy as note9,note20,s20,s9 already faced so many times.... see bro a software update allaways needs stable carrier to upload... even problem arises with wifi or mobile data if by chance that software not installed fully or correctly. otherwise it's not possible that same samsung provided software will behave differently in same type of device...thatswhy samsung introduced smart switch that people can get software loop holes free highest performance of device..but multiple times they did same mistake repeatedly by which this forum is full with
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
and by software update via smart switch and pc don't need service center... everyone do this from home only ...it's more easier process
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
thanks for the information but I'll stick to how I have been updating my phone till now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
bro visit service center once if possible...in this case only they can help you
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
you are right bro. A/B non A/B doesn't matter here as before update, OS checks the integrity of the update(MD5 checksum or hash check). even slight variation in downloaded update can change the numbers due to which OS will re-download the update. Sad to here your experience. Hope you get a satisfactory resolution.
0 Likes
AbhijithAshok
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
sad to hear your bad experience with S20, but very unfortunate S20 series (Exynos counterparts) are just not worthy...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
absolutely unworthy
0 Likes
SaawanM31
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I think it's a screen burn issue... Completely a hardware issue.. You should've immediately replaced when you bought it.. You missed that chance....
Use twilight app or blue light filter.. It might help you to reduce screen burn 🙁
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
this is not a screen burn in buddy. I what burn in is and this is not it.
this black patch is visible only on grayish backgrounds and at certain brightness levels only.
this is something similar to black crush issue on OnePlus devices
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I hope you are taking forward complaint you filed with consumer court.

Regular member here @vocalforlocal had also faced same issue and got refund. Connect with him for details.