Original topic:

Experiencing Black Crush issue in my S9+

(Topic created on: 05-10-2018 12:19 PM)
gopicharan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I've been experiencing black crush issue in my S9+ display. I've done factory reset and wiped cache partition but no luck. Is this a software issue or hardware issue? If its software issue when can I get a resolution? I found that most of the users are facing this issue. Please provide a solution for this as early as possible.
11 Comments
dilipksingh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same issue faced samsung pls update
0 Likes
GalaxyTeam
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Indian S9/S9+ Telegram Support Group, Join Us (300+ Members)03b46b76-8e35-48af-85d4-247a893294bd.jpg
405b1753-cd02-4c93-b3a8-e124e9a4dd38.jpg
67cad538-04b1-4c1c-8be1-041b4a6c30c9.jpg
0 Likes
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
That is not an issue, try playing higher quality content. It only occurs when playing low quality and low bitrate videos.
0 Likes
gopicharan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I played Avengers infinity war trailer in 1080p and its clearly visible.
0 Likes
Lightning
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
same here
0 Likes
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
All videos on Youtube have very low bitrate due to compression. Try playing some high bitrate 10bit videos encoded in HEVC or some HDR videos.
0 Likes
gopicharan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
not only in YouTube, it's also visible in many other streaming apps like prime videos and Netflix when the scene is too dar or has HDR content. issue here is, in other phone (for example I compared with iPhone) and it gets displayed perfectly without causing any displeasing effect. Plus, these are the day to day apps which we use and other phones handle it efficiently, why not a flagship from samsung can handle it too?
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
S9 has a 10 bit screen with a wide colour gamut, so it tries to extrapolate the colour information in an 8 bit video, which causes artifacts like banding, easily noticeable in dark areas. Higher bitrate would reduce the issue. Fixing it would require recalibration of the display which would reduce the contrast and colour.
0 Likes
gopicharan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yeah I read that somewhere. so the only option is to sacrifice one thing for the good of other? I actually requested service centre to check, but I know what the answer will be. and if in case they replace the device, then too it's of no use right?
0 Likes