Original topic:

Exchanging my older s8

(Topic created on: 08-14-2022 02:40 PM)
Rfdhanvant
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

Hi all,

I am a galaxy s8 holder for the past 4 years (from may 2018) and planning to switch from it by the end of the year to an s22 plus.

With samsung exchage program ,I am getting a 14k discount overall but the main issue is i have a minor dent on the left side of the phone which worries if they are going to reject the request sometime when i order it. Everything else intact and working

I have attached the image belew. Let me know your opinions on whether this can het through. Thanks in advance.
16 Comments
amanjalwehra
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
No issue bro, dont worry
Rfdhanvant
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I am worried about the dent. Hopefully they wont reject it when i order.
0 Likes
amanjalwehra
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
They know that 4 saal mein itna toh hoga hi phone pe dent ja scratch
Rfdhanvant
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Agreed.
0 Likes
LoneBug
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
They shouldnt since its impossible to keep a phone new as day 1 till end of time. But the thing is samsung doesnt do the exchange. Its the third parties like cashify who will take the phone.
Rfdhanvant
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah. I did see before the payment,there was a checkin tha the phone will be diagnosed by cashify diagnostic.
0 Likes
LoneBug
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
If there is no damage to screen or body isnt bending or anything, you should be fine. But to be safe, you can reach out to samsung customer care if your device will be fully rejected or you just have to pay only for the minor damage.
0 Likes
Rfdhanvant
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
They would reject if they find a defect. I guess the only option os to accept or they would outwright cancel the order.
LoneBug
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah but confirm the same with customer care. If they will reject completely, then better would be to buy offline. They will offer 8k discount for upgrade. And then later you can sell it seperately on cashify or some other phone selling app.