Original topic:

Everything about One UI 2.1 (changes & new features)

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 11:13 AM)
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Samsung just released the One UI 2.1 update for the Galaxy S10 and Note10 series and there are a lot of changes and new features.

Updates are first released in Europe and US and other countries will be updated in the following weeks. Update availability varies by CSC and device model.

Apps 

▪︎Messages: Categories tab.
▪︎Gallery: Clean View for Pictures tab.
▪︎Gallery: Crop button when zooming in               photos.
▪︎Gallery: Photo Editor is improved and has       new image resize functionality.
▪︎My Files: Added FTP/SMB Support.
▪︎MultiStar: Multi Focus.
▪︎Settings: Visual and layout updates to            'Display' , 'Software Update' and 'Wi-Fi'               sections.

Camera 

▪︎New Mode: Single Take.
▪︎New Mode: Pro Video.
▪︎New Feature: Custom Filters.
▪︎New Feature: Night Hyperlapse.
▪︎New Setting: Smart Selfie Angle.
▪︎Front camera can now record 4K at 60 fps.
▪︎You can now switch between rear and               front camera lenses while recording video.
▪︎Holding shutter button now starts video in       photo mode.
▪︎Burst/GIF functionality has been moved           from holding the shutter button to swiping       it from the edge.
▪︎'AR Emoji' in 'More' is now 'AR Zone'. 'AR           Zone' groups all AR related camera                   functions into one app. Some AR apps             have also been updated and improved.

Samsung Keyboard

▪︎Redesigned with and updated look.
▪︎Haptic feedback when deleting text.
▪︎Undo Gesture.
▪︎New Option: Keep symbol panel open.
▪︎New Shortcut: Keyboard Size.
▪︎New Feature: Search.
▪︎New Feature: Translate. 
▪︎New Feature: Samsung Pass.

System 

▪︎New Feature: Quick Share.
▪︎New Feature: Music Share.
▪︎New Feature: Deep Sleeping Apps.
▪︎New animation when using fingerprint               unlock.
▪︎Changed positioning of status bar icons.
▪︎2 way gesture bar now has an animation         when swiping up.
▪︎Additional screen zoom options have               been added.
▪︎This update should bring support for                 NavStar for those having issues. Make             sure to re-install.
▪︎Apps can now be kept open for quick               launching through the recents screen               menu.
▪︎Google Duo is now pre-installed as a                 system app and its integration in phone           dialer.

How excited are you for the new One UI 2.1 update, share your thoughts in comments below.

29 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
pro mode is old feature that samsung has removed it from one ui
0 Likes
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah ignore that, since it was never in One UI so I mentioned that.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
sadly not for the s9 and note 9 users samsung thinks us now we are poor who can't afford phones now what samsung has done with us it to remove the features from our device 😭😭😭😭😖😭😭😖😭😭😭😭😭
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I still think that Samsung will give 2.1 to S9 & Note9 because One UI 2 is the last version for its 2 year update policy so it make sense to leave these devices to latest One UI 2 build, although those devices may not get as many features as S10 & Note10.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

bro forget it samsung is not planing to release the software feature that has taken away from us more over the feature like Bixby routines , shot suggestion are the software features  they have refused to give us I know that you will tell its hardware upon my finding shot suggestion and Bixby routines , and super steady feature all are software features because the same hardware is used on s10 and note 10 gets the software features where as s9 and note 9 arent eligible for those software features 

especially the shot suggestion and the Bixby routines 

0 Likes
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I agree, those are software features and should be given to older devices as well.
Galaxy S
useful post keshav🤟
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
thanks bro..
0 Likes
ketani72
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Very informative Bro. Waiting for One UI 2.1 on my S10.