Original topic:

Esim Activation in India on Samsung S20 series

(Topic created on: 11-23-2020 05:47 PM)
DeshpandeSantosh
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Team,

Kindly let me know by when the Esim Compatibility/Activation will be done in India on Samsung S20 series?

Is it something related to software/Patch update by which the Esim will get enabled in India region or any hardware setup is required?

Apple has series of phone models available with Esim then why not Samsung?

When Airtel/Jio can activate Esim on most of Apple and Google Pixel phones then why not for S20 series?

Can any from technical clarify this?

I purchased Galaxy LTE watch basis the false information provided the product expert... have already lost 26k.

The Product Expert by name Sakshi mentioned S20+ will support Esim and I was about to buy Samsung S20+...  later I decided to get this verified with Airtel before I purchase it and got to know that S20 series doesnt support Esim activation...

Shame on your product experts... They provide false information to people to sell their products.

Regards,

Santosh Deshpande

FearLesS007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yahi chig samsung ki buri hai 15k vale phn mei triple slot nd flagships mei hybrid 😏😏😏 upar se 3.5mm jack b remove krdiya faltu mei 😞😞😞 itne pese lgake b problems jhello
0 Likes
Zainsayyad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
At least E-sim ka option tho activate krna chahiye tha 128 gb bohat km hai sd card use krne ka option mila hota agr ye option hota
0 Likes
Ļûçîfėř
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Samsung's Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra have a standard SIM and an eSIM, as does the Galaxy Z Flip. The eSIM functionality may not be present at launch, but will be activated by a future update
Galaxy S

But When? 

It s been almost 9months now.... after launch.

0 Likes
prramode1985
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

active 2 watch by samsung..

having ecg and blood pressure sensor as hardware from last 2 years but still software locked..

so what we need to expect from such an **bleep** developer Indian team ???

India is biggest market from them they should respect Indian customers

0 Likes
Ļûçîfėř
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
and don't listen to stupid reps from airtel. they don't know much. Don't worry S20 series supports esim feature
0 Likes
Galaxy S

May be they are not as stupid as Samsung Product Experts... but given fact is S20 Series doesnt support Esim as they(Airtel) do the Esim activation on regular basis..

0 Likes
FearLesS007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
bro not at all indian variants of s20 series never support E-sim coz of it support dual sim already
0 Likes
Ļûçîfėř
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Samsung was the first to introduce eSIM technology to their devices, with the Gear S2 smartwatch in 2016. Over four years later, they have now expanded it to their handsets. The Galaxy S20 series is their second range of phones to support eSIM and remote provisioning capabilities.
0 Likes