Original topic:

Enabling work profile on SM-G988B makes phone crash (infinite reset loop)

(Topic created on: 06-03-2020 09:22 PM)
jc_najera
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have a SM-G988B. The device is up-to-date and it was working perfectly well. 
No signs of overheating or performance.

I have installed MS Intune to get my company's apps (thats an internal policy). Once Intune is configured and the work profile created on Knox I start to get a system error pop-up..."Google Play Services" stopped working. That error becomes recurrent (appears every 5 mins or so) After 2-3 days, the errors stopped showing up. Today, out of the blue my phone restarted and its stuck on an infinite reset loop. No possibility to reset or power off. I need will need to wait for the battery to drain. Once that happens, im planning on attempting a Safe Mode boot to see if I can disable/delete Work related apps. 

Does anyone else experiencing something similar? I suspect Exynos is acting up (again) 
0 Likes
5 Comments
jc_najera
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Have a great day!

0 Likes
jc_najera
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi!

I did all the steps suggested on the article. Unfortunately (as you see on my comment to Samsung Support below) I got the same result. Phone stuck on logo and no possibility to restart on safe mode. 

Phone was returned to Samsung... Im really pissed. This phones are no cheap and we should not see those things happening :(

0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

Check device in safe mode to perform that power off the device for that press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device, when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key. Kindly exit the safe mode by restarting the device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
jc_najera
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi!

Unfortunately I was not able to perform those steps. 

The mobile is stuck on the samsung logo without the possibility of restarting on safe mode or any mode. I returned the mobile device back to my service provider and they just shipped it to Samsung for a full test.

Thanks!

0 Likes