Original topic:

Don't update the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 07:32 PM)
Geeson
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Please don't apply the recent (security) updates to your  Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Although they say that it has bug fixes and improvements, it definitely did slow the phone and draining my battery really fast. I've noticed the reduction in network coverage too. 

These new updates are slowly killing your phones life pushing you to buy the newer ones. Be aware and be careful.
17 Comments
Prashantbgh
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
many customers have no pc or any other tricks. they go through normal update process like phone updates through mobile data and their device. Why Samsung will gives updates possible through phone? If any loopholes there in updates via mobile then stop that first , definitely one will go their care center if anyone want to update his phone or anyone who have PC. think like normal customers dear brothers.
Geeson
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It used to be like that bro. But with the advancements in technology problems like that occurs once in a blue moon. Now it's safe to do OTA updates, but the problem I've mentioned could be a deliberate move from the company. If you just check the standby time before and after the update anybody can understand this. By keeping more activities in the background even when the phone is not used, they can drain the battery and slowdown the performance of these phones.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

better switch to another company this company is number one for so-called sales and their services are just pathetic even I got compensation from the court I sued Samsung for messing up  with my phone you know what shame screw you 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

I simply dont under why Samsung is too much deliberate to ripoff the devices even with the Samsung service centre my device lost so many features. reset is not flashing from the service centre is not working oh shamesung sunder wants us to purchase new devices and drag all the devices to slow down or just want us to upgrade the downgraded device I think hansung will lose the ground and those who claim that having number "one sales " these those people who are average customers  who don't have the knowledge aur simply called for the hype and then there will be the complains and toying with customer pathetic ways of doing business, wow now I understood why apple charges so much price they give services and features instead of gimmicks and removing features and removing hardware feature this is the reason people are crazy about apple 

Perwaiz
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes, draining battery fast after update October security patche
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

lamo 

maher
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
There is no issue after all i updated my phone it is working fine. If you facing issue than wipe you cache partition
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > ask question). So, that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes