Original topic:

Don't update the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 10:38 AM)
Geeson
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Please don't apply the recent (security) updates to your  Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Although they say that it has bug fixes and improvements, it definitely did slow the phone and draining my battery really fast. I've noticed the reduction in network coverage too. 

These new updates are slowly killing your phones life pushing you to buy the newer ones. Be aware and be careful.
17 Comments
Galaxy S
If you have updated your device software via data or wifi then this problem arised , by doing so loopholes in the software get created.
Always try to update your device via Samrt switch PC version or from service center by taking proper backup of your device.
Geeson
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I didn't say there was any bugs or i went into some bootloop. And who goes to a service center for updating the software 🤣🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

bro we need to go to service center because of these issue inke software mien mien hamesha kuch an kuch hota hai 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
not impressing bro showing the reality
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
also i am actively criticize hansgung
0 Likes
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
people don't understand...then will blame Samsung for their devices,updates etc...
Geeson
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
enlighten me with the knowledge that you hold brother.
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
all I try to say is upgrading the phone using smart switch or Odin flash is the best possible solution...while you update using wifi or sim data files go missing...that's when you start facing pproblems...I would suggest you to go the Samsung store and reload the software again you might get some solution
Geeson
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've left this post here for those who actually would like to use your phones for a longer time. These so called "security updates" won't do anything but gradually slowdown the performance and make you go for a newer model. and those who support Samsung's decision for not updating their older flagships with new software should understand one thing, One UI isn't developed by Google it's Samsung's own software. If a small developer in another corner of the world could find how to make tweaks in the new softwares and make it adaptable for older phones, what's a multibillion dollar company with their own R&D doing?