Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Don’t buy a Galaxy S20 right now

(Topic created on: 02-16-2020 08:58 AM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Whatever you do, don’t buy a Galaxy S20 right now.

I’m not saying you should ignore the Galaxy S20 forever, but picking one up on launch day is a huge mistake.

The craziest thing Samsung is doing with the Galaxy S20 this year isn’t the name change, but the price. In a world where cheap phones like the Pixel 3a sell better than the Pixel 3xl, here comes Samsung with massive price tags slapped on to all Galaxy S20 phones. And by the way, that entry-level iPhone 11 happens to rock almost the same hardware as the iPhone 11 Pro, and it beats the Galaxy S20’s in benchmark tests.

It doesn’t even get the great camera from the S20 Ultra.

After all, Samsung isn’t the only one ready to offer buyers a hot high-end device with over-the-top specs. Every other smartphone maker out there will have similar offerings in the coming weeks, and many of these phones will be far less expensive than the S20.

The worst thing that can happen by not preordering the phone is missing out on those free Galaxy Buds+ earphones. But not everyone wants to ditch their old headphones anyway, or they may have other preferences

You’d be quick to point out that I would never advise you not to buy the latest iPhone on launch day, and that’s true. But that’s also because iPhones retain value for a much longer time than Android phones — you’d have to wait much longer to take advantage of better iPhone pricing.

Reference: brg.in
10 Comments
Solution
Manojtomer
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Logical
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
yes
Solution
peeyushbatra
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
even iphone 11 don't have third camera and don't have amoled display like the pro model
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
yes.
0 Likes
Solution
yeshwanth
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I said by bye Samsung after their exynos and pricing
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Exynos and 5G omitted to reduce price. i don't like the value after some time and it's software updates. i was hoping for Snapdragon this time and i too got disappointed. also price is not worthy to those phones. wait for OnePlus 8 this time.
Solution
SneekND
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
makes sense.. I have the s9 plus it's been 2 years now the batter backup is come down drastically down with very buggy software updates.
if you are a power user max 2 years what you can use a phone as they get updates they are deliberately made slow and buggy.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
yes, even mine got slow l
and had had battery backup with Android 10 now
0 Likes
Solution
PrakharMishra
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Its time to leave the flagships of samsung ...And to switch over another brand...We r not going to pay so much for only brilliant display afterall its price will degrade in a year and resale value will be minimum...