Original topic:

Do not downgrade from android 10 beta in S10

(Topic created on: 10-28-2019 03:52 PM)
Karan087
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Guys do not downgrade your S10 to android 9 using smart switch. I did it and after downgrading all of my data has been completely erased. Everything means everything is gone on the phone. Installing each and everything from beginning. If you do not trust me try for yourself.
10 Comments
Galaxy S
You should have taken backup
0 Likes
Karan087
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I had done the same thing previously in s8 and nothing happened that time , so thought this time also nothing will happen , but I was wrong
0 Likes
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
downgrading will erase all the existing data .make sure to do a backup before downloading..
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Can you please do me a favour and like this post? Thankyou!
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Gallery/Diwali-with-Galaxy/td-p/2625921
0 Likes
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
In the beta FAQ it says that downgrading to pie will delete all the data from phone. It's always better to back the phone before upgrading or downgrading.
0 Likes
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Steps for update:- Existing users should clear the data and cache memory of Samsung Members App from settings and then give a fresh log in to Samsung Member Application with your Samsung Account. Wait untill Monday, 21st October 2019. Banner might be displayed on your Samsung Member App for the update. Click on the Banner and follow the on screen instructions. Go to Settings - Software Update - Download and Install. (It might take a few minutes to appear.) Voila! Download and Install the Android 10 (Beta). Please read the below notes carefully before updating your device.                   Note:                                                                  1. Update Samsung Members App to the latest version available on Galaxy Store. 2. Also before Downloading and Installing the Beta Android 10, backup all your data. 3. Update all your applications installed on the phone to the latest version on Play Store and Galaxy Store before updating to Beta Android 10. 4. Be informed that if you wish to move out of the Beta programm anytime you can do so but the Smart Switch may or may not work to switch your data from Android 10(Beta) to Android 9 - Pie. That is the reason you need to backup all your data before the update. 5.This post is not officially from Samsung India but is made by gathering information from the Beta program already going on in other countries.
0 Likes
Ravi0883
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
before downgrade must keep backup your data
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You must have made a backup before doing the downgrading.
0 Likes
Vinothkumar_T
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

@karah, Is you fingerprint sensor working after downgrading to Android 9?? It's not working for me anymore.  It say "An error has occured with the fingerprint sensor".

0 Likes