Original topic:

Display

(Topic created on: 04-20-2020 04:33 PM)
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
After the last update in S20, does anybody else have a problem in the display? The problem is that the screen flickers when it is set to lowest brightness. Bugs me a bit. Also when you scroll down and while scrolling if you scroll up, the screen continuously scrolls down but it breaks and suddenly it jumps to the upper section of the page. I'll try and provide a screencapture down.

If you see it closely you will be able to see the scroll issue at the end.
6 Comments
Parm0708
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yes after last security update the screen flickring issue is arising on many s20 phones
also with low brightness and 120hz on a green tint is appearing in black background.
Samsung will push an update shortly
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Good to know
0 Likes
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
bro if not the update, then it could be your display complaint. run your test for display as well as touch in order to confirm. the test option is available in this Samsung Members app
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i already did that...there is not issue in display. its a software bug
0 Likes
sensam
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
this is software issue not hardware
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

Check device in safe mode:

Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon.

Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes