Original topic:

Display issues S20 ultra after 01Sep 22 update

(Topic created on: 10-22-2022 11:30 AM)
RickyV
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi folks

I am using Samsung S20 ultra since Dec 2020. The handset was working fine till last update i. e. 01 Sep 2022. After the update the Display slowly start having vertical lines, sometimes white or light green screen and flickering. Camara quality also degraded, issue with auto focus and more battery usage was seen. (Handset has not impect or mishandling history) 
On 21 Oct 2022, I went to Samsung service center Pune, India to chk the issue, they told me that the display is faulty and required to be changed.Becus the handset is not in warranty so they told me an estimate of Rs 25000/- to pay as repair charges.

In the evening, I tried to fix the mobile myself, seen some videos on youtube and did the following :-

1. Put mobile in safe mode- Outcome, no lines etc seen so display is alright.
2. Reset all Settings option - Outcome, the display has some occasional flickring.
3. Stopped all animation related settings. - Outcome, the display is good as new. 

HANDSET IS NOW WORKING FINE NO ISSUES

Conclusion-

The update of 01 Sep 2022 has caused the issue. It is a deliberate attempt by Samsung to harm the handsets to increase repairs and earn money.
 THIS IS MIS SELLING AND BREACH OF TRUST BY SAMSUNG.
I WILL NOT BUY SAMSUNG MOBILE AGAIN
7 Comments
saikumarb1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have spoken with the samsung senior executive, they told that we are not received any complaints regarding Note 20 ultra expect S20 series, Raise the complaint.
Galaxy S
Guys please watch this & be aware of this issue before you buy new flagship smartphones of Samsung

Current Position of Samsung S series & especially the S20 plus phones. 

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U

roch01
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Every one tells the same dialogue ,but lot of problems created due to update

0 Likes
roch01
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I raised also check s20 green flickering,you will find 19 more easily

0 Likes
RickyV
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
After this my phone works like new. But if I would have opt for display change as suggested by the service center if might have lost 25k
Galaxy S
Guys please watch this & be aware of this issue before you buy new flagship smartphones of Samsung

Current Position of Samsung S series & especially the S20 plus phones. 

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U

0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes