Original topic:

Display issue on galaxy s10 plus

(Topic created on: 07-10-2020 03:40 PM)
Johnny8
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, my galaxy s10 plus display turned some sort of grey mixed with green tint instead of deep black.

I've tried to restart the phone , boot in safe mode and tweak in display settings (although I haven't changed any settings prior to the problem).

I'm pretty sure its not any hardware issue because when I go into some apps like device care and gallery the blacks are deep like it used to be before this "bug".

ive attached some photos so you can see for yourself.

also, brightness level does not matter like ive seen on some other posts that the green only occurs when brightness level is below 50% and so on, and its all over the screen not just particular spot.

English is not my native language as you can tell so I hope I made myself clear as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan deep black.jpg

green tint 2.jpg

green tint.jpg

15 Comments
Praveen2401
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
the same thing happened with my s10 plus too, but after a hard reset/ factory reset it became to normal.
0 Likes
Johnny8
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

hey dude thanks for replying but unfortunately factory reset did not solved the issue..

I really hope they'll address this issue on their next update, it's ridiculous   

iamShaybi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Bro you are not the one dealing with this issue 😪

0 Likes
Praveen2401
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes... I can understand... after spending so much money and buying a flagship if anything like this happens it's very irritating.

this was my second samsumg mobile and my first flagship device of samsung and the experience is pathetic compared to my previous iPhone. this will be my last samsung.
Johnny8
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yep, first android device i've ever had and seems to be the last..I guess apple do make better products.

oh and by the way the colors seems a bit better when using light mode instead of dark

so at least it helped a bit..oh and hey now the phone is butter smooth like the day I purchased it.

glass half full guy I guess lol

0 Likes
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
it's just an software bug if u try to adjust the brightness it come back to normal
0 Likes
Johnny8
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

hey, brightness adjusting won't solve the problem. Thanks 

0 Likes
Coder
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Looks like black crush issue to me. Happened with my note 8. I didn't get a fix, hope you do.
Johnny8
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

now some flickering occurred, last time I purchase any of Samsung's **bleep** products  

0 Likes