Original topic:

Degradation of Camera quality of older phones with newer updates

(Topic created on: 01-05-2023 07:10 AM)
Varun013
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Being an owner of Samsung smartphones since past 10 years, I am writing this post as I have seen this trend on more than one occasions. I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite smartphone which is presently Running One UI software based on Android 13. 

Ever since I have updated my smartphone to One UI Version 5, I have noticed a steep decline in the image and video quality being produced by my smart phone. In the past I have used Samsung Galaxy note 9 which was a great smartphone however I noticed a degradation in its display and camera quality with the last Android software update that it received.

I think this might be a part of the policy being followed by these smartphone brands but I would never agree to a policy like this where a customer Encounters a degradation in the quality of the product that he bought initially.

I strongly condemn this and I hope the brands like Samsung don't follow this practice in future.

5 Comments
sonudahiya
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You are right brother, now a days samsung degrade video camera qualities. I used samsung device but in future I don't buy samsung phones.
Varun013
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It might be the issue arised due to poor optimization of old hardware with new software.. But whatever the case may be, the situation is grim. The camera of my S10 Lite now produces almost unusable images in some scenarios..
chandrappan
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I completely agree bro
yogesa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung this is not acceptable.
Varun013
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Folks, the problem is solved now.. For me, atleast. The camera performance has improved with latest One UI 5.1
0 Likes