Original topic:

Deep sleeping apps have major benefit on battery drain.

(Topic created on: 04-18-2020 11:25 PM)
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
After OneUI 2.1 update on #SamsungGalaxyS10Plus I found Deep sleeping option in Power management in Device care. Usually I used to get 6 hrs of SOT and idle time was around 1.5 days. After I enabled deep sleeping for those which I don't want to run in background I see close to 7 hrs SOT and 2+ days in idle time. Give a try and see if it helps you guys. 

9 Comments
Galaxy S
Thanks for sharing the info👍
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I use greenify app for closing unwanted apps. I am using S10. Around 11 hours SOT.
0 Likes
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I used to use greenify app long time ago but then Android doze came and then no more greenify required. But the way you are calculating SOT looks like not correct as you have charged your phone twice in first two screenshots. Android doze or deep sleeping is a built in feature in Android OS where OEM make use of it in their own implementation. But greenify itself is an app and not part of core Android OS.
0 Likes
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The first two screen shows when I fully charged my mobile. If you notice it will be around 8PM April 18th. After that I did not charge my mobile.I used my phone for around 3 hours before 12 AM. If you select the time it will show how long you were using the phone at that point. I use aggressive doze in greenify. Instead of waiting for going to Doze for hours which is automatically done by Android. It will force the phone to go to doze in minutes after screen lock.
0 Likes
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah so if same day I Fran battery then typically get 11hrs SOT but certainly idle drain would be not 1+ day. But S10 is giving you 11 hrs is good to hear
0 Likes
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
But two days of Standby with 6 hours SOT is Great👍 Your S10+ is doing good in battery management. For some reason deep sleep didn't work in phone though. Let's see what Samsung holds for us in the future.
0 Likes
Modabrose
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have put apps in deep sleeping mode. After I open one and later close it,  it has been removed from the deep sleeping mode and I have to add it again. I don't have that issue with just "sleeping apps".  Does anyone know why they don't go back into deep sleep?  What's the benefit of deep sleeping apps if I have to add them back in every time I use them? 

0 Likes
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
With the recent update I am observing this issue too
0 Likes
mvp12345678
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
me too also same problem with new one ui 2.1 update
0 Likes