Original topic:

Dead pixels? - Screen Replaced

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 11:11 PM)
hamydansari
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

Any S22 Ultra users facing such issue? Around the Camera I see extension of black circle. It seems a display issue. I'm going to take the phone to service center today. 

UPDATE: Samsung Rep in the MOE service centre informs this is the first time dead pixel is reported to him. They'll have to replace the screen. Here is the fun part - the device is out of warranty LOL. Device which has 2yrs coverage is OOW. A Device that was released couple of months ago is OOW. The service centre guys have to follow system protocols even when they know logically thats cannot be true! They are checking with Samsung Team for approvals.

UPDATE: Got the screen replaced.

13 Comments
Galaxy S
None from me, is it like this even in the home screen etc?
0 Likes
hamydansari
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Anywhere, its a problem with the screen itself 😔🙄
0 Likes
hamydansari
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
UPDATE: Samsung Rep in the MOE service centre informs this is the first time dead pixel is reported to him. They'll have to replace the screen.

Here is the fun part - the device is out of warranty LOL. Device which has 2yrs coverage is OOW. A Device that was released couple of months ago is OOW.

The service centre guys have to follow system protocols even when they know logically thats cannot be true!

They are checking with Samsung Team for approvals. 20220508_140229_27202_1652004150.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
This looks like a manufacturing defect and a user from America has the same issue like yours. As for the warranty you can check the status here https://www.samsungcareplus.com/ae#/check
If it shows error or different result than you might want to check the shop outlet you bought from, if its from Samsung website than contact the Samsung chat and they should be able to fix the warranty issue
hamydansari
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you for the response. I've had chat with Samsung thrice in last 40 days I've the device. And the last two times includes today a standard response - I'll escalate it and they'll email you.

The support Rep in support centre did support the warranty team with volume being the reason there is no update.

As far as website goes it errors out. But warranty details reflects on samsung members app

Screenshot_20220508-231449_Chrome_27254_1652037289.jpg
Galaxy S
Hi, what reason did they say for not giving you warranty?
0 Likes
hamydansari
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It is just a system update issue. I can see the warranty updated to 2 yrs on members app. I guess it'll reflect on their Internal system too.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Is the device a UAE variant?
0 Likes
hamydansari
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Pre-Ordered from samsung.com, guess it is a global variant.
0 Likes