Original topic:

Data speed on notification bar in One UI. (Using Samsung S9)

(Topic created on: 12-19-2018 06:11 PM)
ALIVEnAWESOME
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
I need to keep a watch on the data speed all time. For that I need to install third party apps. But brand like Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, etc are giving this function in the operating system itself. So I think samsung should also give this function in their One UI update. If not in the os, but atleast samsung should intoduce an app to add this function. Rather than samsung users going for third party apps and compomising their security.

Please support this issue by increasing the view count, hit like ❤️, comment and share this issue more and more if you want samsung to notice this need of its users. You can also post this issue by yourself in the forum. It will help the issue to reach samsung developers faster. If it reaches maximum support from all members, then definitely samsung will provide this feature. Your support can make this happen. Thank you....
82 Comments
Galaxy S
i also agree to you
jv13
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
They should also give inbuilt applock like oneplus mi have
ALIVEnAWESOME
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yes jv13, I will post a suggestion for applock too
Sachin-S20FE
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Samsung R & D may available this in play store.
search "Samsung R & D" in play store you will find some useful app like " s secure" " s powerplaning".
Litti
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
👍🏼
Rockstar007
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
samsung must have to respond.
absk
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Now a days when data pack are like 1gb/2gb/3gb/day this feature is not relevant. May be can provide as an optional. Besides the apps downloading stuff itself will tell the speed and one can know by the signal strength what may be the speed.
ALIVEnAWESOME
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Hi absk, 1gb 2gb data pack has nothing to do with connection speed. I am not asking for data balance app
absk
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I know diff bw Mbps and MBps. The point here was whats the use of speed connection info when u can clearly see it while DOWNLOADING stuffs. While BROWSING it dosent even matter u can come to know how fast the network is by just knowing the time taken for loading. Besides that what can u do with that speed info, just to inform TELECOS that the network is pathetic in the area.. or ur into some serious program developing work...
0 Likes
ALIVEnAWESOME
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Exactly.... For those who are in such areas where network speed keeps fluctuating. Like me. And those who don't want it, they can turn it off as in redmi phones. But you should understand the requierements of everyone. Don't be just limited to your needs. You may be living in an area where network is at its best all time. So, you don't need to monitor network speed. But what about others who need it? I am not saying that it is required for each and every one who are using samsung phones. But I have seen many of them using third party apps for this purpose.