Original topic:

DO NOT UPDATE S7 to August's security patch.

(Topic created on: 09-07-2019 07:47 AM)
akhil_intronerd
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there,

recently I updated my Samsung Galaxy S7 to august's security patch update. Everything was fine before this update. But after the update my phone is heating a lot while doing normal tasks like surfing the web or transferring my data. And to make it even worse it is constantly restarting. Sometimes even when it is sitting ideal and is not performing any task. I thought it might be because of some software update error so I took it to Samsung service centre and they said they'll update its software and then I won't face this issue. But I'm still facing this issue after update. now the people at Samsung's service centre says it might be because of some hardware problem and ill have to change its motherboard which will cost me about 15,000 rupees. but there were many more S7 users who are facing this issue after august's update. and when I did some research I found that even S8 is facing the same issue after update.

4 Comments
s8pat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
same with s8 after july update ... phone display has worsened .. ..
Galaxy S
Yeah I know that. when I was at service center there were many people with S6, S7 & S8 who are facing reboot and overheating issue after august's update.
0 Likes
SUNDARAVEL
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
better try full backup and do full factory reset.
Galaxy S
I've done that like 10 times. even left it at Samsung's service center for updating its software but it still have the same problem.
0 Likes