Original topic:

Control Heating issue on Galaxy phones

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 12:54 AM)
Remis
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
These steps may solve heating issues on Galaxy phone!!! Please read it full i spent 15min to write😅

First thing first, 
To people who are new to Samsung phones you may feel samsung phones are warmer than your previous other brand phones , YES they actually are warmer !!!! (there is a difference between heating and phone being warm). All Exynos chips are bad in handling CPU thermals compared to Snapdragon chips. Among all Exynos 2100 is bit better i think.
Im a Samsung Fanboy since i preordered S8 back in 2017 and my previous S8 was hot like tava when I was using it , now i have S21 FE since February and Exynos 2100 is much better compared to my previous S8.

This is what happens for new comers,
You will feel warm initially and think you should have not bought Samsung phones BUT after few months of using it your hand and fingersIronically adjust to warmness and it will be new normal for you and it won't irritate much.

You can Control thermals to some extent using Fine lock app(alternative to Good lock app by Samsung itself) follow these steps below

Step 1) Install Fine Lock app from Playstore 

Step 2) Install Themal Guardian app inside Fine Lock App from their website.

Step 3) adjust thermal threshold to minimum.
* I use it and i have not seen any performance degradation on my S21 FE , use according to your usage.

Step 4) click on the red dots in the graphs to see which app heats up your phone by using more CPU and take action to restrict if you want accordingly.

Bonus Tip
1)Try to customise your galaxy by trying various apps inside Fine Lock App believe me no company offers such level of customisation.

2)If you feel your phone has poor battery life turn on adaptive battery in settings and let you phone learn your usage patterns for few weeks and AI will get you best battery optimisation for sure , don't feel sad during initial few weeks, let your phone learn your usage 
(Im getting MINIMUM of 7~8 hours of Screen on time on my S21 FE, i don't play games. I Always use 120hz refresh rate , AOD Off, Data+Location+Sync ON all time and Adaptive Brightness ON, Face Unlock OFF(for god's sake don't use face unlock on samsung phones))

1 like is really appreciated 🙂

If it works please click 3 dots and select accept solution option.

8 Comments
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Clear camera app data: Settings >> Apps >> Camera >> Storage >> Clear data.

Reset camera settings: Camera >> Settings >> Reset Settings >> Tap on Reset

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.

0 Likes
Suryadip
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Tq bro
0 Likes
punky873
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This does not help at all
I have used samsung before. Something is terribly wrong with s21fe, I'm having the snapdragon 888 version. That's heating like a pan even while typing this response.
0 Likes
Remis
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yours is a new phone, let it know your usage patterns for 3~4 weeks and then it will be fine.
0 Likes
punky873
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
😁😁 why, does it take 3 to 4 weeks to void return policy and thereafter I'm stuck with it for ever ??
0 Likes
Remis
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Do you know anything about adaptive battery 🤣, know how it works first . Also no one cares if you keep it or return it, I just posted what I know.
0 Likes
punky873
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Seems you are Mr know all. We just just a ignorant commoner. Yet I demand what I paid for. I have used samsung before and never seen such heating issues. If what you say is TRUE, let samsung say that this is the behaviour and acknowledge it. Then I will wait for it to improve.
0 Likes
punky873
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes no one cares my hard earned money and that's why I keep sulking here. You keep bullying common people like us , that's what tech savvy people are supposed to do
0 Likes