Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I would rather prefer a Nvidia GPU for better performance
0 Likes
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Nvidia latest GPU architecture is not very scalable. It cannot be used in smartphone. AMD latest RDNA2 architecture will be used in exynos from 2022 and leaked performance is 2x of Snapdragon 865. AMD new architecture is so scalable it can be used from smartphones to equal performance of a RTX 3080/90 (Radeon 6800XT/6900XT).
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I know that AMD graphics will be used in Exynos, but as of now, Nvidia drivers are far more stable that AMD's. Nvidia's current generation graphics architecture cannot be used in mobile devices, true, but if anyone can bring advanced features like ray tracing and dlss to mobile devices, that is Nvidia. AMD's ray tracing is not properly implemented and not stable enough, but Nvidia's is. That is also a valid point.
0 Likes
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
AMD ray tracing is stable I think since it just uses vulkan and directX 12 ultimate. It works well for new amd supported titles like godfall. The issue is support for previously released games. When they get patches in coming year I can bet in 2022 the RT performance of amd cards will be better for same titles. As for drivers for RDNA2 its very stable. Haven't heard any issue from even one source. In contrast Nvidia 3000 cards were crashing with black screen when launched in sept. They had to release a hotfix in oct for that. As for DLSS amd is working on fedility FX SuperRes. dlss competitor. Don't know when will it come out and I am sure it will not as good as dlss. Current if you play AAA titles nvidia 3000 is better choice but rastorization performance of rdna2 is better so if you want to play esports title I would buy amd since RT and DLSS not needed in that. And DLSS is barely available for 4-5 good titles. Its a good technology but it will not the only buying decision for me. In future most devs will use vulkan and directX RT implementation since its universal and used in console too, so there goes RTX api of nvidia in drain. So if I won't be using DLSS much I can consider amd cards rn because they are good tbh. Don't get ne wrong Nvidia cards > amd overall but amd will get better because they will gain market share now. See what happened with intel and ryzen.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You are not wrong, but it will be hard for AMD to overtake Nvidia, and about Intel, Intel had a monopoly for years now and its good to see some competition from AMD. I hope Intel will speed up and stop being lazy now. Another thing is, if RT and dlss is a must, then considering Nvidia is a better option. Can't say anything now. We have to wait. Because I was planning to build a 3080 gaming rig, but "IT IS FRICKIN' OUTTA STOCK". Guess I shall wait for Intel 11th gen desktop series to check if it gives better sigle threaded performance and better overclocking stability. Till then, we have to eat and sleep. Another thing is that Nvidia has the Quadro and Titan cards which AMD has no match for. And the 3090 can game at frickin' 8K, which the 6900 XT struggles to do.
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
3090 does not game at "8k" thats just nvidia marketing. It can just play 2-3 games at 8k. And 0.00000000001% popolation has a 8k tv. It costs 30 lacs rn. 3090 is better than 6900XT with better RT and DLSS tho at 4k. In 1080/1440p rasterization 6900XT is better. AMD has quadro comptitor btw, they launched it last month 120CU MI100 instinct gpu for servers and compute works. Support is not as great as Quadro cards but as I said it will get better. First 2 ryzen gen were rusty too. AMD architectures age well with time as next gen comes along.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah, I genuinely hope AMD can make big names like Intel and Nvidia.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes