Original topic:

Colors looked washed out in Youtube HDR in samsung galaxy s20 fe 5g

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 12:42 PM)
s20fe5guser
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
The HDR videos in youtube on my s20 fe 5g looks washed out. Colors are very dull. The screen occasionally flickers as well.

No such issues occurred while playing a 4k hdr video from internal storage. Colors were spot on the downloaded clip.

Also, no netflix hdr certification present for this device.

I am on one ui 3.1 June 2021 security patch
15 Comments
Galaxy S
Mm but the colors looks great when i watch hdr vdeos of lg
0 Likes
s20fe5guser
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I think it looks good on HDR. I took a screenshot of both hdr and non hdr clips and compared. Hdr looks better.

I was watching non hdr on oneplus 5t which i think was over saturating the video a bit. The oversaturation was not there in screenshot and hence original non hdr colors are exposed.

However, it's the opposite in s20 fe. Hdr Screenshot looks good while the video on youtube looks little bit washed out.

Oneplus 5t non hdr screenshot (left)
Galaxy s20 fe 5g hdr screenshot (right)

Taken from
https://youtu.be/t-R8PIADl7sScreenshot_20210704-125434_1154.jpgScreenshot_20210704-125403_YouTube.jpg
0 Likes
dsaikat127
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
As far i noticed i think there is a bug in the device related to YouTube HDR video playback
0 Likes
Saajan_yk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes i also faced the issue in S20 fe 5g...In my observation when hdr video is played on youtube the light sensor automatically turns on...so if u face ur mobile towards ligh the brightness increases and if u face towards low light the brightness decreases....so it seems like the screen is flickering.

And about hdr quality washed out..it is also due to same issue...try facing ur mobile towards any light source it will give better result.

And i have reported this issue and got reply from samsung that it is issue from google side..but i don't agree..if it is issue from google side then all devices should show such issue but i have tried on other mobiles and they don't show such issue.Screenshot_20210705-124343_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
s20fe4guser
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
When i transfer my s20fe videos to any other device, it gets faded in the another device. What is the issue
0 Likes