Original topic:

Charging time

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 08:35 AM)
Niki1508
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Is it normal to take about 1 hour 30 minutes to charge s21 ultra with 25w adapter. It took only 1 hour to fully charge from 0% when I bought it new. Now it takes longer. What could the reason be? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Then i don't think its neccessary to switch to a new charger. I suggest you repeat the experiment and see if the results stay at 1 and a half hours or not. Obviously you may have installed more apps and the battery probably must have needed to get settled right at the start. I guess whatever speed u get now is probably the best you are going to get unless there is something wrong with the phone. Which i highly doubt. Also apparently it takes 1 and a half hour to charge a s21 ultra from 0 to 100

Read this article, it has all the information about the s21 ultra battery that u could every hope for

https://www.dxomark.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-exynos-battery-review-good-charging-time/

If i helped you in any way, please consider clicking the 3 dot menu on my comment and accepting it as a solution 😊 😊

Thanks

View solution in context

20 Comments
Galaxy S
Were the conditions of both charges similar? What i mean is, was the phone switched off during both times? Or were u using it?

How long ago did u buy the phone?
Niki1508
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I bought in July this year. The phone was on both times. Similar charging scenarios.
Galaxy S
Perhaps the way u used the phone was different, meaning the apps u used. Maybe u used more power hungry apps during this charge cycle or something that uses the screen or graphics intensely. Without proper testing its hard to say if its an issue or not. Ideally the speeds can't change so drastically in a matter of 2 months for sure
Niki1508
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The first picture is Accubattery which shows charging current is OK. 2nd picture is fast charge pro app which shows current is too low. Both were taken at the same time. I'm confused. 🙄Screenshot_20210905-014408_AccuBattery.jpgScreenshot_20210905-014400_Fast Charger Pro.jpg
Galaxy S
Don't rely on these, the app maybe at fault. I read your other comments about your charger. Are u using the cable that came in the box? And where did u buy the charger from?
Niki1508
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes using the charger that came in the box. Bought the adapter from the shop itself. Its an original made in Vietnam one.
Solution
Galaxy S
Then i don't think its neccessary to switch to a new charger. I suggest you repeat the experiment and see if the results stay at 1 and a half hours or not. Obviously you may have installed more apps and the battery probably must have needed to get settled right at the start. I guess whatever speed u get now is probably the best you are going to get unless there is something wrong with the phone. Which i highly doubt. Also apparently it takes 1 and a half hour to charge a s21 ultra from 0 to 100

Read this article, it has all the information about the s21 ultra battery that u could every hope for

https://www.dxomark.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-exynos-battery-review-good-charging-time/

If i helped you in any way, please consider clicking the 3 dot menu on my comment and accepting it as a solution 😊 😊

Thanks
Niki1508
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Done thank you
RavishaHeshan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Is super fast charging still on?
With super fast charging it'll take around 1h
But with fast charging it takes around 1h&30mins to 1h&45mins