Original topic:

Charging issues on S10 Lite

(Topic created on: 07-20-2021 08:50 AM)
Varun013
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
With the latest update, charging has started giving problems with OEM charger. While some cannot charge their phones, fast charging isn't working for others. Currently my phone is charging at 1100-1200 mA (as per the data shown by Ampere app), and I've started seeing this issue from today itself. Many people have reported these issues on the S10 Lite telegram group, and hard reset has solved the issue for some of the people. As Hard Reset and setup is a long process, I am currently avoiding it, as I've recently done that with my phone. Please issue a software update fixing these charging issues as soon as possible as it is a critical bug. Thanks.
7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Try to charge without phone cover
0 Likes
Varun013
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Doesn't make a difference. I have branded Spigen case with ample cutout at the bottom for charging cable.
0 Likes
PankajS10Lite
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm also facing the same issue with my new S10 Lite.
Varun013
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Report the issue in the error reports section of this app
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your charging related issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/battery-not-charged-charging-related-issue/#:~:tex...

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Varun013
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Kept in rice box overnight to rule out any water in the port. Cleaned the port with a painting brush also but the issue is same. Charging working fine in safe mode. No fast charging speeds in normal mode. The phone detects the charging cable as some usb device 8 out of 10 times. Have to manually select that the usb should not be controlled by the 'connected device' but should be controlled by 'this phone'. Only to get slow charging as a result..
0 Likes
Varun013
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Charging working fine in safe mode. No fast charging speeds in normal mode. The phone detects the charging cable as some usb device 8 out of 10 times. Have to manually select that the usb should not be controlled by the 'connected device' but should be controlled by 'this phone'. Only to get slow charging as a result..
0 Likes